Hello from a long time E-Bay Seller.

pakrat51bf

Greetings and congratulations from a long time interested watcher of this forum, from the time you evolved from the Melody group to the large group of friends you've become. I sell under the E-Bay name Pakrat51bf, that quite frankly means nothing, it was something that my husband concocted when he he created the account and that I decided to keep when I took the site over. He sold mainly sporting collectibles and lost interest when I started selling my first fur garments. I never felt the need to join in the past even though I believe that some of you have been my customers, and in fact, I personally felt that it might be a conflict of interest for me to do so. I've been content to visit form time to time and read up on the chatter.

I decided to join today and respond to a comment made in the E-Bay Plus forum that suspected me of the illegal practice of shill bidding. Most of the furs I sell are owned by me, acquired by attending estate auctions and tag sales. Some come from consignment shops that I deal directly with and auction for a small percentage. I take quite a chance on many of the furs when I start them at such a low price and I occasionally lose money on them, but not often. I love the whole E-Bay concept, how I can offer merchandise complete with high quality pictures and descriptions worldwide and sometimes even make a small profit. That said, I want to emphatically state that I have never in my career as a seller even once thought about jeopardizing my good standing by shill bidding. I'm an honest person, proud of my feedback, my goal is to always deal fairly and honestly, no trickery. I love what I do and plan to sell for many years to come, God willing.

Welcome to the NEW FUR AND WOOL DEN pakrat

As you know we have several who sell on eBay and we do not consider this a conflict of interest.

I am glad to hear that you do not shill. It's next to impossible to prove and often difficult to even suspect. Sometimes patterns that are more imaginary than real seem to appear.

We, as buyers, are always on the lookout and one of the reasons for our eBay Forum is to keep our membershjip well informed as to what we suspect is happening and to alert them to good buyers and buys as well. I'm sure you have seen this with even a cursory look.

I personally have always thought your furs to be quite fantastic and admired your guts at always starting at such low opening prices.

Welcome again.

OFF

Wow, thanks for coming in and dropping us a line! It really makes me feel better about bidding from you--to have more of an idea where the coats come from, etc. Thanks for the reassurances--I'll add you to my favorite sellers and keep an eye on your inventory.

Welcome to our site. It's great to see another eBay fur seller stopping by. We hope you come here often. We greatly appreciate you telling us the story of your business, and addressing the concern that someone may have raised, I hope you can become a valued and trusted resource as several other eBayers have.

FLinFL

Glad you are here, I have seen many of your posted items. I think you will find us to be a knowledgeable group and we welcome newcomers.

As regards shill bidding, the bottom line is, bid what you can afford, what you think an item is worth. We've had similar complaints about sniping. Its and auction, not an entitlement. No explanations or apologies needed.

As regards shill bidding, the bottom line is, bid what you can afford, what you think an item is worth. We've had similar complaints about sniping. Its and auction, not an entitlement. No explanations or apologies needed.

I couldn't agree more!

The bidder should offer the maximum amount they are willing to pay for an item. If the item sells for more than that, too bad. Somebody else was willing to pay more for it. That's the breaks!

Hi Pakrat..

nice post, understandable and clear..

will you be alerting people to new sales or do you do this already via the 'e-bay' section.. the only reason I am asking is because I often buy furs for my own website in which I glamour model them..

sorry if what I havwe written is obvious (the bit about the e-bay) but I am new to this site too.

kisses

Brandy

xxxx

I can vouch for the quality of Pakrat51's furs, having bought a beautiful full length blue fox coat earlier this year.

She was a pleasure to deal with, great communications, and even threw in a matching hat for free. Now that isn't how we expect eBay to be!!

All her items are beautifully photographed, and she made the whole process a delight.

I have no affiliation with this seller and certainly paid a more than fair price for a quality fur.