New US show debuting this fall

furcrazy

I read that the networks decided to take most of the new fall series "upscale" (more like "Frasier", less like "Roseanne") ... So hopefully fur on the small screen will become a more common occurrence.

Although being worn by an obvious take on Paris Hilton is disappointing, as though fur have been upgraded, by the media, from being worn by villains, but only up to dumb sexpots, either in a rap video, or by heiresses.

...fur have been upgraded, by the media, from being worn by villains, but only up to dumb sexpots...

And this is a BAD thing?

...fur have been upgraded, by the media, from being worn by villains, but only up to dumb sexpots...

And this is a BAD thing?

It says you shouldn't wear fur if you are smart and/or responsible. That's the bad thing.

This looks like it's a comedy - at least from the clip that I saw - I don't think the network is trying to make any deep, social commentary with this show.

FLinFL

This looks like it's a comedy - at least from the clip that I saw - I don't think the network is trying to make any deep, social commentary with this show.

FLinFL

If you meant me, I didn't claim that. It's just the current stereotype of fur wearing women.

It says you shouldn't wear fur if you are smart and/or responsible. That's the bad thing.

It does?? Where in hell did you get that?? I guess I'm blind, or clueless, or both. I didn't read anything into the trailer, and I haven't seen the show. I just saw an attractive woman wearing a beautiful chinchilla coat.

That woman was asked if she could actually act, and the woman responded, "Well, you're poor!" in a really ditzy tone.

That's what I mean by a negative image.