Anyone here from Sheffield area of UK?

White Fox

Anyone here from Sheffield are of UK? I keep hearing how badly you folks are being battered over there. So sorry to hear about that. I hope no members here have lost their homes or anything such. It seems that the more advanced we become, the worse we get at dealing with situations with that. It is so strange that way.

Those folks certainly have my sympathy anyhow. It is a miracle there was no loss of life.

White Fox

WF - have to laugh. The current conversation here from my friends relates to the terrible flooding in the UK south now. When it flooded in Yorkshire - MP's were concerned, now its flooding in the South, MP's are doing something - perhaps the US has a North / South divide like here in the UK!

Auzmink

Politics is such a corrupt thing! Why don't they just call it "Money"!

We are a culture so advanced and ahead of our time. In the 1800's when New Orleans flooded a train was on it's way within hours. Yet look at today. And it is so strange how similar your problem is there at the moment. I guess all we can do is let you know that we care at least. But it is so difficult when we look at things like this and realize the only thing that counts is how much money you have in these situations.

W

WF - Its a shame who lives where has to dictate the level of response to an 'Incident of Nature', will we ever learn .........perhaps not.

Auz

Sorry to disappoint you Auzmink. There are no floods here in the South. The "South " is anything South of Watford by our reckoning.

The floods in Oxford are waaaaaay North!, and Tewkesbury waaaaay West. Its just that i think our dear granny government has finally woken up to the fact that there is a major disaster going on in this country and a lot of innocent people (dare I say cynically "potential voters") are suffering in many ways.

They dont have special concern for us Southerners , they have concern only for themselves. and only do something when it suits them not the people they so called "govern"!!

As for Scotland thats somewhere up near Lapland isnt it?