Fur Home Decor

JGalanos

CLICK HERE

I stopped in a Cabela's ("World's Foremost Outfitters") and was pleasantly surprised to see several good quality fur pelts (coyote and red fox) used as home decor in their home goods department (one coyote pelt was draped across the top of a sofa table). My decor is eclectic ... I'm not sure if I could pull off incorporating pelts and such into it or not but it is tempting. Curious (I'm guessing the answer is yes) ... Has anyone included furs (other than something typical like a fur or faux fur throw -- Been there, done that) in their decorating scheme?

Edited by:Wallee. Just to shorten up the link.

One of these days I'm going to have to replace my faux fur throws with the real thing. If only the real thing was machine wash warm on delicate cycle and tumble dry on low. My cats love the throws as much as I do. 8)

I have let a local furrier make som big comforters ot of lovely bluefox, silverfox and platinumfox furs. I use them normally in my bedroom but also in my living room.

Edited by Guest

I've told this one before and Lyxette was interested.

Seared Fur [beaver in my case] Keyboard pad. Mine is 28 in. wide by 12 in. deep with a shallow scoop out for the keyboard. It's about 1 to 1.5 inches thick with stiff polyester pillow padding.

I use a split keyboard so iti's arches to me. The Microsoft Ergonomic [and others] have a similar arch. A sraight one could be made for folks unwilling to be ergonomic.

I use a ball mouse between my wrists since my arms naturally angle in. It's all very comfy and I have had no carpalxxxxxx crap happen to me with this setup. Furry and functional.

OFF

• 2 years later...

Hello! I took some pictures om my fur decor in my livingroom but I did a mistake not to use the flash. I´m sorry for the sharpness of the pictures, I hope you can see it.

• 2 weeks later...
what section of the gallery are these in? I would love to take a look at what others are doing, for inspiration

I think the comments are referencing the links in the first 2 posts of this topic.

Bob...

Please explain.

Now you see why more people don"t participate anymore

Not sure I am interpreting correctly. If you have suggestions for this place I would love to hear them.

Founder's note: I was puzzled as well . . .

I guess my comment about what my home decor looked like was just too much (not spot on topic) for AKCoyote (a moderator?).

So no problem. I earsed it and will not be a bother anymore.

Sorry I didn't mean to bother anyone.

I'll just mind my own business.

FurBob

Furbob / trebor,

There was nothing wrong with your comment. My comment was answering a question from a member who apparently missed the links.

White Fox and FrBrGr were just asking for some clarification on your comment about lack of participation which seemed a bit out of context for this topic. If you have ideas for improving participation, please let one of the admins know.

Yes indeed Robert...

I just love to hear if people do not like something here so we can try to fix it. If you have noticed something we can make better please let us know. Such comments just help us to improve the site.

And if I have misinterpreted something, no problem. I do that often it seems.

No problem at all. We always like to read your posts.

If you have any concerns with the site, please just leave a message here or give us a PM. Those messages just help us to make this a better place for everyone. We can't fix things if people don't let us know their concerns!

W

If you have any concerns with the site, please just leave a message here or give us a PM. Those messages just help us to make this a better place for everyone. We can't fix things if people don't let us know their concerns!

In my opinion, this level of concern/service is what sets the Den apart!