Guys, if someone tries to steal your car. Let them have it!!

ReFur

My daughter just called me and told me her step-son, who just graduated with honors, was shot in the neck and chest last night.

A good kid! Good looking, strong as an OX. Happened in the suburbs, NOT in a city area.

He and his girlfriend were leaving a movie and she was knocked out with the butt of the gun and he was shot multiple times with a hand gun. They were trying to steal his car apparently. No one knows the details except they do not expect him to live.

I know many of you are young. Please remember there are people in the world who do not value life. AND, they will take yours just for the fun of it.

This is a fact of life that I understand intellectually, but in my heart, I have a very hard time accepting. I just believe that people are good. They just make bad choices.

Linda

Linda, I am really sorry to hear about this. This is exactly the sort of thing that is so very wasteful. A human life ended and for what reason. Even the person doing it wastes his own life after he is caught and thrown in prison for endless years.

I truly hope that things improve and he is able to make it through ok.

W

Linda, first of all my condolances. Quite often these things are fueled by drug dependency which not only creates the desperate need for money, but clouds the judgement that might otherwise stop at violence.

That being said, I afraid there is evil in the world, and there are evil people as well. We had a case here where I live (50 miles NW of New York City; somewhere between suburb and rural) of 2 men calling for a pizza and then murdering the delivery man. They wanted to use the killing act on their resumes to enter organized crime.

Don't get me wrong. I haven't given up on humanity. But there are those among us who we have to be vigilant against.

MrC

I could site case after case of crimes and evil in the world.

Evil does exist and in the hearts of some individuals.

it's unfortunate but true. No one can come away from meeting Charles Manson without that feeling.

I'm sorry to say I'm a believer of those presons no longer having the right to live yet many do.

OFF

We have had some good news!

He was not shot in the chest. Just the neck. ( I know. That is not a minor thing, either)

He is out of surgery and in Intensive Care, but they believe with a little more luck, he will make it! 8)

Thank for all your kinds words.

Linda

I feel sad hearing about this, the one less injury notwithstanding.

I believe hurt people hurt people. Still, that one is hurt doesn't excuse passing the "gift" along. Sometimes the best we can do is hold those who injure accountable. Then again sometimes they respond to being held accountable, learning remorse, learning to value themselves and others.

Thanks for sharing about the people you care about, Linda; I wish you strength to deal with however things progress.

frugalfurguy

Been there,done that..Just pray his C area on his spine wasnt damaged .

I trulty hope he recovers with no problems and on his feet in no time

This is a fact of life that I understand intellectually, but in my heart, I have a very hard time accepting. I just believe that people are good. They just make bad choices.

Change your thinking Linda. People are not good, we are just another animal on this planet and share the same behaviour patterns with all other predators on this planet. (even if we do bury them beneath layers). There is no good or bad in life. they are just relative terms depending on who's side you are on.

You talk about your friend's friend. Everybody is a friend of someone, a loved child of someone, a loving parent of someone. when a person is murdered , bombed, or killed by any other means, it always leaves sombody crying. We cant cry for all the murdered innocents in the world (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.), but it dosen't stop us all having their blood on our hands. So what's the point in isolating one relatively insignificant individual (in the grand order) If we all stopped and cried, life would stop for us all.

So stuff the sentimental crap Linda. The reason I am writing this is that there are people closer to home who shoot their own friends in the head, let alone strangers. Kangaroo courts, without evidence or right to reply, execution decided, get it over with, sweep it under carpet so that it can all be hidden away and forgotten. mess people up through injustice? stuff 'em. Who cares. We rule and what we says goes!- you know what I'm talking about dont you. You see Linda? I told you we were all animals at heart. Justice only exists when it suits us. In all other cases, the innocent are just flotsam.

It's sometimes hard, but we create our own Karma - live with it.

Good for you people that the USA still have the death penalty:as been sayd in the Bible;"an eye for an eye...".

Hopes he get better soon.

Pol

Good for you people that the USA still have the death penalty:as been sayd in the Bible;"an eye for an eye...".

Hopes he get better soon.

Pol

He's expected to make it, so an eye for an eye would exclude the death penalty.

A true eye for an eye would be to shoot the perpetrator in the neck, in a non fatal way, but then that would be cruel and unusual punishment.

it's unfortunate but true. No one can come away from meeting Charles Manson without that feeling.

I'm sorry to say I'm a believer of those presons no longer having the right to live yet many do.

OFF

Either that or life without any hope of release -- no parole, no pardon, no comutation -- just you are an animal and you will spend the rest of your life in a cage.

And while we're on the subject, can anyone explain to me why we make a punitive differentiation between murder and attempted murder? You are somehow less evil if the gun missfired? I repeat animals belong in cages --PERMINENTLY!

MrC

OFF

Either that or life without any hope of release -- no parole, no pardon, no comutation -- just you are an animal and you will spend the rest of your life in a cage.

And while we're on the subject, can anyone explain to me why we make a punitive differentiation between murder and attempted murder? You are somehow less evil if the gun missfired? I repeat animals belong in cages --PERMINENTLY!

MrC

Punishment is not about how evil the person is. Where did you get that idea? Justice in common law doesn't work that way. It's about the crime done. If the crime doesn't take a life, then there is no point in punishing for a lost life, since the life isn't lost, even if the perpetrator intended to take it.