Better Fur City: Montreal or Quebec City

ArgentFox

My wife and I will be celebrating an anniversary in January. I don't think we'll be able to go to Europe, so a trip to Quebec province may be the next best thing. Of Montreal and Quebec, which city is more open to women in fur coats, i.e., which city would you typically see more women in fur coats on a daily basis?

Thanks for any insights.

I'm sure our Canadian friends will give you the best advice, but somehow I'm thinking that you're a winner whichever city you visit!

FLinFL

Go to both, they're not that far apart.Check the dates for the Quebec Winter carnival and don't miss it.

Montreal is an incredibly open and cosmopolitan city where I cannot see you running into problems with furs.

Wherever and whenever you go - welcome to Canada andBien Venue a Canada.

I'd love to visit both but this visit will most likely be over a three-day weekend, so traveling to both (we'll be flying in to one or the other) is not an attractive option -- we'd rather really see one city or the other.

Is there a smoking ban in effect in either city, like there is in Toronto?

I think Quebec is the best choice of the two. Do a search on google and you will see a lot about them.

I think Canada is probably one of the most fur friendly countries in the world.

Linda

For history and culture - Quebec City

For everything else - Montreal.

But how would I know as I'm out here on the bald prairie 12 miles North of North DakotaSorry don't know about smoking but I hope you enjoy your trip.

I like quebec because it is more compact. You will see more fur on the street in less time. But both are great.

MrC

I have a soft spot for Montreal, probably because that's the first place I wore fur in public (my silver fox coat made its debut there several years ago). However, even though I have not (yet!) been to Quebec City, everything I've read about it makes it sound like an ideal romantic destination. I think either location would meet your needs ...