Saba Douglas Hamilton and the Sami and furs and reindeer.

Guest touchofsable

The programme just aired on BBC 2 in the UK.

It was a passionate and moving account of Saba's time with the Sami; and it will have upset the animal rights lobby.

She wore reindeer skin in the programme, and has since been seen sporting a fine blue fox hat. A Conservationist. There are pics of Saba in our gallery in fur if you search. (Also a Cree Indian beauty queen in silver fox btw)

The programme clearly showed that these people have every right to harvest the animals; that reindeer are their life and they benefit from the relationship too through superb care.

Many of you won't know this but I am serving a two week ban from another forum because I posted this information.

I think it ENTIRLY relvant and it is the antis BIGGEST downfall....that they would crush people like this.

The programme mentioned that out of 85 000 Sami only a few thousand still live like this. of course in Russia under the New Traditionalism many are rturning to it; desrting the state's welfare and failed industries and not wanting to work in logging and oil.

Their success depends on being able to sell their furs.

Here you will see a beautiful Sami girl in furs and also the Sami fur traders at Jokkmokk market in Sweden.

http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/supergal/sjm/sjm00/sjm0008-16.htm

http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/supergal/sjm/sjm00/sjm0006-13.htm

http://www.arcticphoto.co.uk/supergal/sjm/sjm00/sjm0004-21.htm

NOTE: IF YOU ARE A JOURNALIST VISITING HERE PLEASE USE THIS SITE;

www.arcticphoto.co.uk AND PLEASE BUY SOME OF THE AWESOME PHOTOS TO ALLOW YOUR PAPER OR MAGAZINE TO TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT THE PEOPLE MOST HURT BY THE ANIMAL RIGHTS IDEOLOGY.

search for Cree; and note they eat the beaver aswell as sell the furs. Note too beaver can't be farmed and it thrives in Cree lands where they don't destroy the habitats.

Look up Evenk and Inuit and Yakut and Nenet.

If these people are forced into "alternative" economic activity all the animals of the north and the habitats that support them will suffer.

And if you can; nedless to say; support native fur production. Several designers buy native furs; several native companies market fur designs.

When you hear the AR lobby tell you they aren't against native fur production ask the INUIT what it has done to their economy. Ask what shit Greatgreenland, an Inuit company, has had to suffer from thousands of ignorant deluded schoolkids and their evil indoctrinators. Ask a native American selling his wares on ebay the crap they get from such people. Ask Chritina Ricci about the crap she endured by modelling reindeer fur.

At least four of us here...Blackfox, myself Miss Theresa and I think OFF support native fur . Please where possible do the same. The Northern wilderness depends on the revival of animal dependant economies.

This is a plea not a rant.

I agree fully your thoughs. As a norwegian I am fully aware of the situation and lifestyle for the sami people. The sami people live in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia.

They have the right to live the life the want and to be proud of their history as a people of nature. I have bought several products from them earlier and will do that as well in the future.