uk members

gensilfoxx

THATS england, scotland, wales and ireland (too)...

exactly (for a new person like me) how many members are there in the UK to this site..do any ever meet..or do any chat on line - i have msn for conversation and such..be nice to meet/chat with people with similar interests.

We use the chat room here quite a bit; often we outnumber the Americans....maybe once a fortnight we have partied in there! I would say we are at least twenty highly active members and

around the same occassional. Then a hundred or more observers or one or two posts. Maybe more. Some male some female.

Yes several of us have met up socially. St Moritz and a few other race meetings, and hunt balls where it is socially accpetable to wear furs.

way to go foxkid! Great to see your jacket its cool. My girlfriend is hereby banned from the den while you have that avatar up. And wait till Lynxette sees it she will eat you alive!

Good to see Kim Catrall in your avatar too Coyote.

Will all other UK members please report in in this thread; just say hi as part of a roll call even if you have never posted before.

Hendrixaxe here in North Kent.

Met up with Mr Mockle in the chat room only las tweek.

Loving FFA!!

Hendrixaxe,

I don't recall our chat but then again a week is a long time here in cyberspace, I've had a very busy fortnight and my memory certainly isn't what it was!

Anyway, as an established UK member you guys surely all know of me by now - and any new members that don't or wish a reminder can follow my website link below for more details.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Well, I'm UK based too - but I'm probably not as regular a poster as the rest of you guys!! Have met Mr Mockle a couple of times without incident, so I hope folks regard me as fairly harmless. Plus Mr Mockle makes some great cups of coffee!!

Hi to you all i,m in Derby which is in the midlands uk.

I,ve posted a few times, but should do more, i do visit the furden daily just can,t get enough fur in what ever form on the net in my bedroom where ever, never tried the chat room maybe i should.

BYE FOR NOW.

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi,

Gwlad beirdd a chantorion, enwogion o fri;

Ei gwrol ryfelwyr, gwladgarwyr tra m

In My travels to London and Wimbledon many people have told me just how unpopular Fur is in England, even more so then in the United States. This is ironic to me because some of the most PASSIONATE members of The Fur Den and other Fur Communities are from the U.K. and I love them dearly.

Thanks madison.

And that is one reason we have tended to be more gritty and stand up for ourselves: because it has been a war. We get massive abuse at some Hunt balls for example when all the girls come out in furs. Our children get spat at and dragged from ponies and fishermen get beaten with baseball bats. Women are afraid to wear fur because of these thugs especially when the government here has had a million pound backhander from a major AR group; and the media banned fur in magazines 12 years ago. That ban has been lifted by International Vogue putting pressure on the people that run UK vogue. Mink farming has been banned and it is no secret that most Labour mps want fur banned altogether.

So yes; excuse me if I get a bit radical now and again....but that stems form a passion gainst injustice and a love of furs and glamour. But hey its got fur really going around here. Can't wait till the Hunt ball.

Of course the members here are not all from the rural community and not all would agree with me. BUT lots of quiet British members and visitors know exactly who I am and I get letters and emails of support for my efforts every day.....from all over the world and often from aboriginal peoples.

Foxhunting will be relegalised. Fur will not be banned. Labour are finished: their worst result in Wales since 1918 and due entirely to the hunting and smoking bans.

And so is AR ideology. People here are sick of it; it has been a horrendous ten years; and yes a fight. The fur revival is pretty much all down to the racing and hunting girls (who would ALL back me up on evrything I say) here at street level. As I will show you if I ever get my disc drawer working again!

Edited by Guest

great..then maybe we can chat either "here" sometime soon or on MSN. i have a webcam too for anyone wanting a more "face to face conversation"

Add me to the list...............a regular visitor but a far too irregular poster from Norfolk.

Picking up on the thread started by Madison and continued by ToS I sense a definite backlash by the silent majority in the UK against the "nanny state" policies pursued by the current government over the last ten years. When my wife wears one of her fur coats in public she gets the odd quizzical look but far more compliments and words of encouragement ; we`ve certainly never encountered any hostility. When I went down to London last November I was very pleasantly surprised to see more than a few people sporting fur , a lot of trims and collars but also coats and jackets.

Portobello Road market is still my favourite haunt , a good selection of secondhand furs at fairly reasonable prices especially if you`ve got the nerve to haggle with the stallholders , but also a good place to sit and have a coffee and play spot-the-fur. In less than an hour I counted three blue foxes , one silver fox , one sable , two guys in coyote coats and the most stunning red fox waistcoat I`ve ever seen. Roll on winter when I shall make the trip again and restock our wardrobe!

WELCOME BACK FURPUNK!!!!!

We have missed your beautiful vintage movie star posts!

I have uploaded a few into the gallery, and done some on Brigitte Helm and other more onbscure ones you may enjoy. They are in "vintage" I think, along with an amazing collection of 50s 60s 70s and 80s pics from Mr C.

Yes you are right about the portobello Road. The most vehement former anti round here I saw wearing a rabbit gilet this winter. I challenged her on it and she said she had a good chat with somene and portobello rd market and it changed her mind. I said "you mean the price changed your mind" . And its vintage she said. I said "since when is Zara vintage?" "And he was good lookng" she said.

But; people are changing their minds; even the antis.

Did you get any good deals?

Well I for one. Its nice to find out about the movies and look at some of the sites and also read your commentaries. Then you could put the images in the gallery too.

Can I please add myself to this great list of fellow uk and den citizens. I have been a visitor to the den for a number of years, and rejoined recently following an away patch. I'm afraid I have on and off periods, off ones are generally when I have the new attentions of a girl which obviously takes priority, and a lot of effort sometimes too!

I'm on the S Yorks Derbyshire border, and by the sounds of it there are a few other members up this end too.

Unfortunatly my fur wardrobe is still in the making, I only have one gorgoeous white fox boa, about 6ft long. I have worn t out a few times, when it's too cold to walk to the paper shop or post office with out it! But it does get some use in doors tho...

I agree with ToS, am a country lad myself but not an active hunt follower, but definitly am a supporter of the right to hunt and wear fur if we like.

Good to see other UK citizens being voiciferous too, and i will try to keep up to date,

999 xxx 8)