Fur scenes in Hart to Hart?

MrMockle

All,

Does anyone know if the show Hart to Hart (starring Robert Wagner and Stephanie Powers) featured furs and if so during which seasons/episodes? I'm sure I remember one or two furs in episodes or follow-on films but can't remember which ones.

Series 1 (from 1979) has been released on DVD in the US and is due to be released in the UK in early April. Any heads-up that anyone can give would be good.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

She/they frequently wore fur.

One of the main reasons I regularly qatched the show when it first ran.

Besides I liked Stephanie Powers.

OFF

Very little fur as I remember Mr M - they did 1 show set at a Ski resort - Aspen I think & Steff only wore a shabby looking fox! Sorry

I remember an episode called "the whit e fur coat"or something like that-it included a scene of Ms Powers doing a fashion shoot for furs-it must be listed on a episode guide,Ian T

All,

A fur fan did send me a list of a few Hart to Hart episodes but with German titles. My German is non-existant but translating them online suggested that two or maybe three of the episodes of series one should contain fur so the DVD set may be worth getting. I have mine on order now.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

hi im foxcoyote06,

i live in the us and i have the season 1 of hart to hart, but if u want to spend 239.00 dollars for the entire 5 seasons u can go to dvdcraze.tv and that site has all 5 seasons of hart to hart the site also ships worldwide.

• 3 weeks later...

All,

My DVD copy of Hart to Hart (season one) arrived yesterday and flicking through the episodes the fur content was pleasantly high. Out of 23 episodes, five episodes had fur scenes and two episodes featured furs in most of their scenes. I'll confirm the names when I have been through the episodes in detail but here is a summary of the findings. Sadly I have no means of copying any scenes or posting them online, and even getting screen grabs might be tricky.

• Episode 15 - Night Terrors: Stephanie Powers wears a mink jacket for several scenes.

• Episode 17 - Downhill to Death: Several fur scenes in this episode. Stephanie again wearing a long coyote and fox coat and coyote hat, plus in a sort of knitted fur jacket; also two blonde actresses in white fox and lynx.

• Episode 20 - Does She Or Doesn't She?: a blonde actress wears a black mink coat.

• Episode 22 - Too Many Cooks Are Murder: Stephanie again wearing a sable or fisher jacker; also an older blonde actress wears a blush mink coat and a couple of other fur stoles are featured.

• Episode 23 - Death Set: Stephanie once more wearing a dark (possibly mink) coat and a scene with several mannequins in minks.

Interestingly, the credits for costume design go to Nolan Miller who also designed the costumes for Dynasty. I remember a documentary on Dynasty where Joan Collins said that she insisted on Alexis wearing "hats, furs and gloves" and she certainly got her wish - as did we all! I also remember that a few years ago an online auction site (not eBay) had a sale of Nolan Miller's original costumes from Dynasty featuring several fur accessories and fur trimmed suits and dresses from scenes of the show. They probably didn't go cheaply but there were some great pieces if you had the money.

I also picked up a copy of Deceptions on DVD which again did feature Stephanie Powers in a number of furs, including a nice silver fox jacket and a lovely long red fox coat.

Roll on Hart to Hart season two on DVD! I'm still going through Dallas series three and hope that Dynasty series one gets a UK release this year too. US fur fans have the edge on us for these releases so any heads up you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

Did you manage to track down "Deceptions" 1 and 2 with Stephanie Powers playing good twin bad twin in fur yet?

Its a gem.

Also I wonder what Stephanie's position is re fur now?

She is an ambassador for several wildlife conservation causes and it would be nice if she is still pro fur as there shoudnt be a conflict there.

It is my assertion that fur aids conservation by protecting habitats; and it would be a bonus if a celebrity could go on a platform and say that. Certainly in the UK David Bellamy does that re. the foxhunting debate; and he is perhaps the best known biologist/conservationist/tv star in the UK.

Stephanie is also big into polo and goes to st moritz....any recent shots of her in fur there?

Touchofsable,

Yes I did get Deceptions parts 1 and 2 on the DVD. I have also recently ordered a copy of the 1991 UK mini-series "Selling Hitler" featuring the delightful Alison Doody wearing a gorgeous red fox coat in one short scene. I might look around eBay and Amazon auctions/zShops for other titles from the 80s and 90s which I've been after since I first saw them all those years ago.

Regards,

Mr Mockle

I hope you found bad Stephanie as enticing as I did, and good stephanie pretending to be bad too.

Any recent sightings of Stephanie in fur, or does her new role in wildlife conservation mean she has abandoned it?

Touchofsable,

I can't say that I followed the plot that closely.

I did a search through RexFeatures and GettyImages and, after spelling her name correctly - Stefanie Powers - I came up with a few fur images from the 70s and 80s but nothing more recent.

Regards,

Mr Mockle