WOW!!!

MadisonAvenueFurPrincess

This morning UPS showed up with a HUGE BOX addressed to little old me.

The Delivery Man then handed me a rather large Greeting Card, so I'm a little excited to see what might be inside. I open the card to see "It is so wonderful to lay next to you each evening, I thought this would make our evenings that much better". NOW, I'm really curious!!! So I open the box through all the paper and I am touch something REALLY soft. I begin to pull it out of the box, but it wont stop coming out the box. I start to walk toward my cofee table and it's still coming out, FINALLY I get to see it in ALL its GLORY. Well, I have to go I'll tell you the rest of the sory later, JUST KIDDING. I must admit My Knees are weak from this WONDERFUL sight. The Tag says MADE IN RUSSIA, LYNX BELLY,embroidered in Gold. I almost fall to the ground in ecstasy. My husband has bought us a Russian Lynx Belly King Size Throw!!! I am no expert, maybe Linda can appraise this one, but I would say this is at least a half a million dollar gift. I am giddy!! After about 20 minutes of the greatest "Fur Buzz" I have EVER had. I go to break down the enormous box, BUT, theres something else in there. I pull out what seem to be large LYNX pillowcovers, yes they are. I then see MORE fur, theres 4 small LYNX pillows. It is our 3 year Anniversary Today. While in an effort not to be unlady like, I SAY GOOD NIGHT, I'M SO TIRED, Think I'll take a "NAP"!!! "My husband, you better take your vitamins today, you will need them when you get home tonight! I LOVE YOU

Wow what a gift!

I assume it is CITES approved as it passed customs.

Incidentally, for any antis that may drop by here , the main Russian sable farm operation breeds Lynx for zoos and for reintroduction to the wild. Without operations like that then the Lynx's future will be bleak. In the vast majority of cases the lynx are worth more alive than as furs. So only those unsuitable for breeding or have some health problem are culled for fur in the majority of cases.

http://enc.ex.ru/cgi-bin/n1firm.pl?lang=2&f=882

Alternatively it will be produce of native peoples; or culled because it has been a threat (killed a child or something) In such cases, the Lynx fur can be allowed. Often some of the the money raised as a result goes back into conservation.

Russian belly Lynx in Russia is more expensive than sable.

Scarcity of the fur of course maintains its price. So those that deal in Lynx do not want the market flooded and therefore do not as a rule deal with poachers; but rather only legal lynx pelts.

The threat to the Lynx comes not from the fur trade but rather by habitat destruction. It was hunters who first noticed the alarming decline in Lynx in the Pyrenees. Those they encounterd were often starving and weak. Waht had hapened is that the Lynx's prey the hare had been decimated by changes in agricultural land use....which had moved from animal to intensive arable... as is usually the case. Vegans, and global food giants (who often support AR groups...check out Heinz on www.activistcash.com) have a lot to answer for.

As many of you know I am part Russian, part scandanavian. My husband is full Russian. He has many business partners in St.Petersburg so my guess is some of them may have connections within the Fur Industry there. I knew Lynx was rare in Russia, but not that rare. The throw is absolute ectasy every time I touch it my heart skips a beat and the blood begins to flow rapidly. I am afraid to go near it with anything that could stain it, its so beautiful.

I know you are a lady madison; but there are things your husband can wear so as to prevent stains.

Sounds awesome. One of best friends was educated at St Petersberg University. She has nice furs; but from Siberia and Greece ironically; she says mainstream Russia is incredibly expensive for furs these days. You are lucky lady!

Hey WF if I was Morman, I'd marry you in a second

Heck I'd take maybe 10 Husbands and a few Wives from this wonderful Fur Den Community

Let's start a FUR CULT!

Yeah! Why haven't you thrown your husband down on the bed and torn his clothes off yet?!

As far as the cleanliness issue goes, you could just go to Victoria's Secret and buy yourself a nice pair of sexy silk thong undies. That would allow "fur access" to everywhere that needs to have it but protect the fur from the messy stuff.

Hubby could wear a jock strap or, if you're in the mood for something a little sexier, a satin "marble sack."

WOW is probably the only understatement possible.

Interestingly TOS, I didn't think Russian lynx was subject to any CITES restriction, only American lynx!

Auzmink