Helmets???

ReFur

My acraphobia make my #$$hole pucker just looking at those pictures.

I hike Mt. Rainier but nothing like that.

OFF

I can't even drive by a tall building without getting dizzy and falling over. You wouldn't catch ME within ten miles of there.

I'm getting scared just looking at the pictures.

Kate

As long as I've got solid footing underneath me I'm okay with high places. I could probably walk along a ledge like that but biking it would be a stretch.

There used to be a girl at the place I work who was so afraid of heights she couldn't walk up or down an open staircase. Get her on a ladder and she would LITERALLY freeze up.

Funny thing, though. She used to live near Sandusky, Ohio and she went to Cedar Point all the time. She used to like to get liquored up and ride the big roller cosaters!

Go figure!

There are Psychatrists in the DC area that specialize in treating folks that have to drive the bridge from Anapolis to Eastern Shore Maryland.

OFF

As much as i like to ride my bike (always with helmet and protective gear - i love to jump and ride in ruff terrain) and even though i don't have problems with heights this is really to much for me

I think this is the picture that should be in the dictionary next to "leaving on the edge" value.

PokerAce

As long as I've got solid footing underneath me I'm okay with high places.

I used to be OK with high places - I was a sky diver with over 50 free falls. Now, I'm okay with terra firma - the more firma, the less terra . . . 8)

I'm a road cyclist myself. Sometimes with predator motorbigoted drivers a helmet seems less than adequate, too, though not quite in the spectacular way of these photos.

But the photos do suggest new combination sports. What about doing a ride like that with a parasail pack? If there were some way of recovering the bicyle (so it doesn't fall on the heads of kayakers below with lethal force), you could actually ride off the edge and eject!

frugalfurguy