Giselle Bundchen pic....is she still fur spokes model

SA_Mink

That article really casts light on the hypocrisy of the animal rights activists. Surely if they truely opposed fur and wanted to help the needy, then they could set up fund raisers and so on to gather money to buy non-fur coats and give to the homeless. I like the end part , haha. And that photo of Giselle is damn nice. Thanks for the post SA

I bought a fur on ebay from a homeless that had been given it that week by PETA. Bought for $350 so he was happy and so was I as it was worth abou $7k. PETA do have some benefits!!!!

Shows how low they will stoop for publicity and how fur isnt really an issue...it masks something else.

dozens of them did it....they can easily do it at drop in centres and were encouraged to do so by workers at the centres. Internet cafe proprietors also helped them ....this wa the case with the one I bought.

• 1 year later...

I LOVE IT! Self Righteous PETA Jacka$$e$ getting beat by people who are in real need. I love God's sense of humor!!! PS Giselle is on our side!!! Hallelujah!!!

I believe that the issue with PETA and furs is more an issue of PETA and affluence...they do not rant and rave nearly so much regarding Eskimos and others with furs as they do people in NYC etc. Kinda makes one wonder eh?

I think that is simply tactical rather than ideological, Lynxette. It is not that Ingrid Newkirk, Dan Mathews, et al., are not against killing and "exploiting" even ugly animals, by whoever is doing the killing and "exploiting"; it is merely that PeTA knows that envy is far more effective at getting the masses riled up against animal usage than is pure ideology. They also know that rich white women wearing furs are seen as rich and white-- thus evil-- rather than as women per se; whereas, Eskimos are seen as oppressed "people of color" even when they are wearing, eating and otherwise utilizing dead animals. PeTA is simply willing to do whatever it thinks will work to gain itself both increased notoriety and increased contributions. If PeTA thought that it could garner either or (preferably, from its point of view) both, it would be quite content to badmouth Eskimos and any other group without the slightest compunction.

DKMain

Okay, upon further reflection I think you are correct.

So long as the eskimos are seen as an oppressed minority, they will be considered off limits...for the time being anyway unless those dummies decide it is in their own interests to go after them.

You probably know that PeTA annually gives away used furs to the homeless to keep warm during the winter months. What you might not recall, however, was that, many years ago, PeTA itself annually railed against this very same generosity when it was bestowed by the fur industry! When PeTA realized that the furriers were the ones garnering the sympathy and plaudits of the public, the Bambiheads did their abrupt about-face, sans either shame or irony, and took over the perennial headlines with their own 'generosity' by giving away many of the used furs which they receive from misguided fur apostates, like Mary Tyler Moore and Zsa Zsa Gabor-- saving enough of the coats, of course, to paint and burn them at anti-fur demonstrations throughout the year. There is nothing that these true believers will not do to advance their utopian world view-- which helps to explain from where all of those videos of animal torture at fur farms, etc., really come....

DKMain

wasn't so unfortunate for some

I had a superb mink from a guy who was given it and he made enough cash to get himself a downpayment on a small apartment. They weren't paint daubed the first lot.

The tricks and demo stuff they do is just getting more laughable on one hand and sinister on the other.

To me they look like a cross between the Temperance movement and The Brownshirts. Both equally doomed to history despite being able to con through apparent kindness or intimidate a lot of idiots at the time; and both for the same reason: it gave power freaks something to do.

But their crap is like the emperors new clothes and some of us have to stand up and shout "he isn't wearing anything!" before people start realising it.