music from the Sailing...

Guest MissTheresa

Okay, now that we have this great new site with room for movement, I have to share what my nephew's (he is the bass player) band is up to these days. I am so proud of these guys who are all only about 20 years old. Everytime I hear new music they've come up with, it just gets better and better! 8) Please take a moment to check out their sound at this site:

http://www.myspace.com/thesailing

If anyone likes them, I can get cd's from Mike, my nephew... just ask.

By the way, I did take most of the pics they have on the myspace site.

Hey Theresa!!

Thanx for posting this link - the Sailing aren't half bad!! Reminds me of a cross between Muse and Fischerspooner. Might have to run me off a copy of their cd, pendning a bit more of a listen to their MySpace music.

Give them a pat on the back from me, and wish them luck!!

Unclejoe

Uncle jOE

i HAD PROFOUND RESPECT FOR ALL YOUR POSTS UNTIL NOW. tHEN I went to Myspace as invited.

Green day. GREeNDAY!???. GREEEEEN DAY!!!?????

HUCCHHH....PFEWRRR(spit gesture follows).

They are no where near as good as the two bands they ripped off, "The Dead milkmen" and "The Adverts" and throw in feeble minded politic into that mix and welcome to simpleton ville.

Listen to some Bauhaus my friend.....

Hey - sorry touchofsable - didn't realize my musical tastes would offend some people. Prefer Green Day's older stuff, if that's any compensation..

Just hope my liking for Ryuichi Sakamoto and Japanese music compensates for my "lack of taste"...

Unclejoe

Uncle jOE

i HAD PROFOUND RESPECT FOR ALL YOUR POSTS UNTIL NOW. tHEN I went to Myspace as invited.

Ok so he as a dubious taste in music, but there is a deep characture there to. The Hagakure, thats not everybody's reading material.

Uncle Joe, have you read Musashi's Book of Five Rings? or Zen and the Art of Swodsmanship?

You're spot on with your general interests, 'cept for the hentai.

Here's to enlightenment and the sound of one hand clapping

Tryxie

Hey Trixie

Thanks for the dubious taste in music bit - ironically, my MySPace doesn't contain my entire musical back-catalogue..

As for the Book of Five Rings, i have read my middle bro's copy - will probably nab a copy myself some time. Got lord knows how many other books related to Samurai / Japan / etc... Would love to discuss this at a later time.

Unclejoe

PS sorry about semi-hijacking this thread, Miss Theresa - will try not to let it happen again, ok?

You''ll want to add "Sun Tzu - The Art of War" to your list, jus as enlightened as "The book of the Samurai"

Knew i forgot to mention that book - it's sitting under one of my Zoids atm..

Unclejoe

PS just updated MySpace page, if anyone's interested...

Uncle jOE

They are no where near as good as the two bands they ripped off, "The Dead milkmen" and "The Adverts" and throw in feeble minded politic into that mix and welcome to simpleton ville.

Listen to some Bauhaus my friend.....

Can you hear yourself?

They're pretty nice sounding, I'm sure they'll develop their sound further over time if they keep at it. ToS, you're detestation of Green Day is fierce, to say the least!

Keep going on the Japanese stuff....need to know more...interesting.

Yes earendil I can...its called humour in the UK.

PS Miss T...thanks for the cd; appreciated it if I forgot to mention it already. Good stuff.

touchofsable

glad you liked the sailing disc. i do still want to do some projects with furry videos that involve their music... just need more hours in the day, eh?

Hey Miss T

Just thought i ought to say that the Sailing are pretty good, and I have bookmarked their page!! Will swing by every so often to see how they're going.

I would also like to congratulate you on another gorgeous avatar pic!! No wonder you're my official "PSP Babe of the Month" !!

Unclejoe