Could it be election time?

White Fox

Well folks... Before you wonder "What the %$>* is he doing starting a topic like this right now" hear me out. It is not what you think.

I do realize that our Longknife friends just had an election. And I wll not touch that with a ten foot pole. Believe me if anyone does on this thread I will personally lock it out of spite. In fact, I'll take the text and type it out and stomp on it endlessly with both feet. Tear the paper to shreds, burn it, and bury it without ceremony at Dusk! So don't try it!

But, I thought you might enjoy a couple of local election stories here.

One involved a couple who made a pact in the morning. One was Liberal and One conservative. So, if they went to vote they would just cancel each other's vote. So, they just would not go. Problem was that the Lady of the House went to the grocery store that afternoon and a neighbor said "Oh I saw your husband out voting this morning but I didn't see you. I thought you were sick or something!" Turns out the husband hiked across the fields and went to vote thinking he would get away with it. He didn't!!!!!

Story two. A local doctor and his wife were on the same opposite sides of the fence. Most Canadian elections seem to be in winter and inveriably they would be in Florida. They would drive all the way home to vote. And drive back. 5,000 km drive round trip I suppose. And... each time they did, they would cancel each other's vote.

(Both true stories by the way.)

Yep, we are a little strange in Canada when it comes to voting!

I do realize that our Longknife friends just had an election. And I wll not touch that with a ten foot pole. Believe me if anyone does on this thread I will personally lock it out of spite. In fact, I'll take the text and type it out and stomp on it endlessly with both feet. Tear the paper to shreds, burn it, and bury it without ceremony at Dusk! So don't try it!

If I knew exactly what you meant, I'd talk about it just to see you do all that.

Frankly, Colbert is a worthless piecde of trash who doesn't know his elbow from his a$$. Good ridence to bad rubbish!

FLinFL

Um, he's still around. There was no riddance. And is this to the real guy or his character, who is a parody and does not reflect Colbert's actual views?

Damn... My $0.02 - they are his real views, perhaps exaggerated in the quest for TV ratings...

FLinFL

Those aren't. Colbert is a political independent. He also studied improvisation theater, which teaches people to make up different characters on the spot. The Colbert on the show is a complete invention used for humor.