personal album is not visible to public

lanafurs1

lana;

I just tried it and it came up just fine.

It might have been when someone was loading pictures?

Maybe another nonMod could try?

OFF

AK is doing things to the Gallery this weekend if you noticed his post.

You may be experiencing blockages because of this?

Otherwise I'm not sure what it is you are describing. Since I'm a Gallery Mod. I have complete access so can't see what you are [not] seeing.

OFF

Lana...

#1. I just found a button to approve your picture that you added. So, I think you will see it now. However...

#2. We worked on this awhile back and decided that Personal Albums really were not such a great thing. We pretty much discounted them because they did not work the way that we thought they would. I can't quite remember why but I am sure that AK will likely remember. There was something about them that we figured would just not work for us. It just seemed at the time that it was much better to use the regular albums.

I am sure AK will see this message and explain further. Sorry, but they just did not work the way that we thought that they would.

White Fox

The mods and admins had a discussion on this subject a bit over 2 weeks ago and decided that personal albums are too much hassle and basically not worth it. Thus personal albums are disabled and those that were defined before the option was disabled may be deleted in the near future.

Lana:

A little research provides this info...

If we use Personal Albums...

#1. The way they work is very confusing. You have gotten there, but many folks not always will.

#2. Once you open that personal album, it is not seen unless members click on a little small area of the index page. Most members will more than likely miss it. You will put a whole lot of work into that only to have maybe as many as 75% of the members here not see it because it is almost "hidden".

So, there you have it. That is why we decided that it will likely not be of benifit. Sorry that I did not tell you. I really thought that I had.

White

i know i cannot accesss the pictures and it brings me to a log on screen, so i log in using my furden log in and it tells me my information is incorrect..is there anything im doing wrong or missing? id really love to see the pictures~

JR

JR

Make sure you do NOT change your ID and Password. As of a certain time today you should be able to see them. AK just completed the update.

I suggest that you give it another try after you read this. Think you will be able to see them now. As of the time I am writing this the update is finished and you should be able to see them.

Pictures info is in FAQ. If you still cannot see them, let me know.

White

The main problem accessing the Gallery for some members with active accounts who should be able to, is a browser cookie problem.

Be sure your browser is not blocking any cookies from thefurden.com domain. For accessing the Gallery, your browser must be able to store and return 3 cookies for our software to be able to handle your session properly.