NTC-web

mopdik

Is there anybody who can tell me how I can contact the webmaster or administrator from the NTC-web. In earlier times (when Frank was the webmaster) I was a frequent visitor of that great site. Since they are are back I can't log in; I got a new provider and e-mail adress and can't create a new password in combination with my new e-mail adress.

I should like to solve that probblem with their webmaster or administrator, but can't find any entrance.

Thanks in advance.

Dead is a bit of an overstatement.

The site is up and the forums are working with some fairly recent stuff.

If you want to be a memeber, register again under a different name.

HTH

Patience

You're right, but for those of us who were on NTC in 1996 (some, even earlier), it is barely a shadow of its fomer self.

This raises a good point. Anyone know Frank? Has anyone asked him to join? It'd be great to see him here from time to time - I think he'd be pretty impressed with how this community has evolved.

FLinFL

You're right, but for those of us who were on NTC in 1996 (some, even earlier), it is barely a shadow of its fomer self.

FLinFL

Agreed! The current state is pathetic. Promises were made months ago that it would be returning and virtually nothing has happened. Ah well, such is life on the Internet.

Patience

Just to give you an idea. I was just thinking of this as I read the post, so thought it worth letting you know. There they probably have either one or two people doing everything.

You know how many mods we have now. Grant it some of those are here training for when the Library comes on. We have other people working on gathering information on two items. Besides that we have three administrators who it seems are always tied up! Then, on top of all of that we have two other groups of folks working on little special projects (Some of whom are mods but not all). .

All of the staff here are pretty much kept very busy! Most would not want more work on the site. So, that gives you an idea of the demands that these sites can put on people. It looks so straight forward. I always used to wonder what mods did all the time. Now I know! It ain't easy! We have folks helping constantly to construct the site. And the folks at NTC are trying to do it all by themseles. So, that is probably why things are going pretty slowly with their return.

W

By the way, as I read that post this morning I realize that last message could possibly be taken the wrong way.

That was made simply to give you a little info on how this site works, and the involvement of our staff, etc. as members should know that.

I wasn't wanting to insinuate that anyone here was being hard on NTC. Just wanted to make certain no one read more into my post than was intended.

W

Edited by Guest

*wiping sweat from brow...*

Gee Boss, am glad you cleared that up.

*returning to digitalising next generation of innovations within the den.... pant pant... puff puff*

My problem is I' cant log in even under an other name; it says your e-mail adress is already used by another???? My question to the administrator is clean up all my old adress-stuff so that I can start completely anew. I only can't reach the administrator, I have to log in first and that exactly what goes wrong. So an e-mail adress of the administrator please.

yeah i had exactly the same prob, mopdik, I just gave up in the end. I suppose it will get sorted one day. But meanwhile nothing comes close to the den.

Mr B posted the message below at the same time as I posted this. Please see it...

Sounds like you could apply for a new web address via Netscape or Yahoo or something else like that and register again to solve the problem. I don't know their system at all, but likely you have somehow gotten logged in but not "Turned on" within their system. If you get a new email, you could likely register again using it and work with their people then to get the original cleaned up.

However, it would be much easier if anyone here reading this is an NTC member, you could contact their admin and have them email Mopdik back to clear up the problem.

White Fox

Admin

Edited by Guest

Sorry Mopdik, but just popped over there and couldn't see any way of getting getting in contact with admin, other than through a PM... (rather useless for you though.)

Shall PM and see what happens.

My ISP account gives me up to 8 mailboxes to use as I see fit. Each one has a different addy.

My other internet account gives me the ability to create and delete e-mail "aliases", almost at will. I can have a plethora of e-mail addresses which are all linked to the same account. It is a great anti-spam device. I can have "[email protected]" for an address this week. Next week I can kill that off and be "Worker11812" and so on down the line. Each time I change the alias, all messages to the old one will bounce back "Undeliverable" to the sender.

Check your ISP and/or any other internet accounts you may have to see what options are available to you. If all else fails, as mentioned above, just get a generic Yahoo! or GMail account and use that for registering on internet forums.

You should probably keep at least two e-mail addresses; one for spam and one for your personal business.

Our Bears even have thier own e-mail address!