Best city for fur?

Peltzz

I am going on a trip later this year with friend. Our first pick Is san diego. But that's a no go. So based on amount of furriers witch city is best?

New York is one of the few places left in America with multiple furriers. They have this mini district going on, its worth checking out. 

On 7/3/2023 at 7:05 AM, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

Chicago

I would have to agree with this one… The Upper Midwest culture cares less about American political correctness and has to deal with the bitter cold a good number of months. (I have lived in this territory for almost a decade… and hunting season is almost considered a National holiday.) This answer definitely gets a +1

Edited by pnwhist

1 hour ago, pnwhist said:

I would have to agree with this one… The Upper Midwest culture cares less about American political correctness and has to deal with the bitter cold a good number of months. (I have lived in this territory for almost a decade… and hunting season is almost considered a National holiday.) This answer definitely gets a +1

Absolutely. You have a good mix of fashion like any big city, but fur is and has always been a staple in this area. A quick google search will show you that there are 20+ furriers in the Chicago area. I was also told Wisconsin has the largest number of Mink farms in the US (according to my furrier), so I’m sure that  has something to do with it being such a fur friendly city.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 7:35 AM, a_man_of_many_foxes said:

Absolutely. You have a good mix of fashion like any big city, but fur is and has always been a staple in this area. A quick google search will show you that there are 20+ furriers in the Chicago area. I was also told Wisconsin has the largest number of Mink farms in the US (according to my furrier), so I’m sure that  has something to do with it being such a fur friendly city.

Chicago gives me great memories…it was the first time (and only time) I had dined with a lady who had a full-length black mink coat. That’s when I knew that black mink would always be a head turner for me.

Edited by pnwhist
  • Like 2