Why is this coyote wrap 3400$

Peltzz

I asked and this is the response 

"Because it’s all handmade and one of a kind. The designer is very well known for his pieces and the amount of time he puts into them and the quality of the furs and leathers he uses"

I'm confused.

20 hours ago, Peltzz said:

I asked and this is the response 

"Because it’s all handmade and one of a kind. The designer is very well known for his pieces and the amount of time he puts into them and the quality of the furs and leathers he uses"

I'm confused.

Lmao yea ok😂

Years ago, I went to a furrier in NYC to buy a fur for my wife, now ex.

We looked at several furs and tried them on.  Finally, we settled on one to buy.  During the sale, the owner and his wife conversed with us about furs.  The owner told us that he was the maker for Yves St. Laurent and the coat we bought was one of the coats made for YSL.  Each year, the company sends him plans and specs for the product to be made in the upcoming season and the "old" designs, he gets to keep for himself.

I asked, "Are you telling me that the coat we are buying is the same design, made by the same hands from the exact, same materials in the same shop as a coat from YSL and the only difference is that one has a label from Yves St. Laurent but the other doesn't?"

The guy nodded, smiled and said, "Yup!"

In the end, we went home with a full length, unshorn beaver coat with fox fur trim and, with tax and shipping, I paid just a hair over $4,000.  If the label had said, "Yves St. Laurent," the same coat would have cost $12,000!

That's one reason why furs are so expensive!  I bet, if you look around and find the actual manufacturer of the fur you're looking at, you might be able to buy it for less than half the price.

It pays to know where to shop!

(BTW:  The crazy bitch took the coat with her when she left. 😞 )