Downtown Chicago

a_man_of_many_foxes

Hello all,

Hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to say that I live in downtown Chicago (USA) and have seen a ton of furs out this winter. Consisting of all ages and genders. I have worn my brown mink jacket pretty much every day under 30°F and have received nothing but compliments and some staring (who cares). I see a lot of doom and gloom on this site, but I just wanted to post some fur positivity. 

• Like 3

Hey there,

That's great to hear you have seen so many! I'm super jealous. I used to live on the North Side for two years back in 2017 and it was always a dream going down to Michigan to see all of the furs. Unfortunately I'm elsewhere in IL for my graduate degree. Would you be up for talking more about your experiences if I PM'd you?

• Like 1

That's good news to hear,  a man of many foxes.  I am glad to hear that are still parts of the USA that one can still wear furs in the winter.

That's wonderful.  I'm here in Lambertville, NJ....across the Deleware River from New Hope, Pa....and I've been wearing my full legnth roaring twenties raccoon coat out and about...it's finally been cold enough.

On 1/13/2022 at 7:23 AM, Bfur said:

That's wonderful.  I'm here in Lambertville, NJ....across the Deleware River from New Hope, Pa....and I've been wearing my full legnth roaring twenties raccoon coat out and about...it's finally been cold enough.

That's great that you do! Do you see any furs worn by other people in that area?

• 4 weeks later...

TORONTO's weather is perfect for fur right now... We just need the freedom to go out and have something to celebrate in our furs!

Though the city is changing... Less "Old Money" fur wearers, and more confusion about whether it's socially-acceptable to wear fur.

REALLY HOPING VINTAGE BECOMES MORE AND MORE ACCEPTABLE (big 80's and early 90's furs ), AND THAT CRITICS SEE THE USE OF OLD FUR AS MORE RESPECTFUL TO THE ANIMAL THAN DESTROYING THE GARMENT COMPLETELY.

• 6 months later...