Visiting furriers in Montreal 2021

leatherzaddy

Hey y'all!

My partner and I are driving up North after Christmas with tentative plans to cross the border into Canada to visit Montreal and spend New Years there (provided Canada doesn't close the border between now and then). I'm told by a friend that this time of year is an excellent time to visit, both for fur-wearing weather and also shopping with post-Boxing Day sales. Curious what experiences folks here may have with the many furriers there and visiting them in person. I noticed the famous Oliver Furs seems to be more out of the way compared to the furriers in the old city around more tourist sites and shopping areas. Though there appear to be a number of other furriers in the same building as Oliver Furs so perhaps it's worth a visit? 

I appreciate any insights folks might have! If we don't make it into Canada, our backup plan is a cabin somewhere up North. I can't wait to get up to some colder weather and take out my furs. 

Going up to Parc is worth it. The building is full of furriers. Generally prices and selection are better up there, and Oliver is a great place to start or maybe finish.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:02 AM, furs limited said:

Going up to Parc is worth it. The building is full of furriers. Generally prices and selection are better up there, and Oliver is a great place to start or maybe finish.

Thanks for the advice! Sadly with arrival of Omicron in Canada they just announced a shut-down so we’re not going to made it up there this time. Will keep this in mind for when I do make it up there 

• 2 weeks later...

When you do go to Montreal, visit Heritage Furs (Gallery) at  30 Rue Saint-Paul E, Montréal.  It is owned by two brothers who began it in 1976 and they do everything at reasonable costs (canadian$$). I've purchased new there, have had coats altered, blankets and pillows and mitts made.  And, there are plenty of options for men.  They have great sales in May each year.

Heidi is a good contact.

Fur Manufacturers | Manufacturiers de fourrures
T. +1 514 392 9272
30 St. Paul E
Montreal, QC, Canada

• Like 2

On 1/3/2022 at 8:21 AM, coyoteblanket said:

When you do go to Montreal, visit Heritage Furs (Gallery) at  30 Rue Saint-Paul E, Montréal.  It is owned by two brothers who began it in 1976 and they do everything at reasonable costs (canadian$$). I've purchased new there, have had coats altered, blankets and pillows and mitts made.  And, there are plenty of options for men.  They have great sales in May each year.

Heidi is a good contact.

Fur Manufacturers | Manufacturiers de fourrures
T. +1 514 392 9272
30 St. Paul E
Montreal, QC, Canada

Thank you! I had them saved on my map to check out, especially because they were walking distance from the hotel I was supposed to stay at. I was really looking forward to the below freezing temperatures and doing some fur shopping in fur, but maybe I’ll be able to redo the trip in May and take advantage of the sales. Appreciate the tip!