polar bear fur anyone?

saynotofaux

I see oliver furs are advertising a polar bear fur suit and a full length coat. maybe a publicity stunt, made to order 30,000 dollars. an interesting idea for the man who has everything.

I'd love to try one on, just for the sake of it, but not my first choice of fur coat. they make nice rugs though. oliver furs >mens fur>other.

Oh man...you just brought back a flood of childhood memories. 🙂 Polar Bear Fur was THE first fur type that my younger self was attracted to. Perhaps it was because I had a limited understanding of all the offerings out there. I clearly remember drawing cartoon characters wearing fur polar bear coats. Oh my...so long ago.

Polar bear fur is hella rare. You have to know where to find it. Polar bear makes good ruffs and mitts but it's hard to access a beaver and polar bear ruff or polar bear mitts lined with mouton.  

I did not think it was legal to bring Polar Bear fur into the continental US. I belive Northwest Territories Canada & Russia may be the only legal hunting grounds. It is not legal to hunt in very many places in the world. And now with the arctic melting, Polar Bear hunting will probably become a part of the past, as there is the very real possibility that those bears may go extinct.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 4:16 PM, furlvman1 said:

I did not think it was legal to bring Polar Bear fur into the continental US. I belive Northwest Territories Canada & Russia may be the only legal hunting grounds. It is not legal to hunt in very many places in the world. And now with the arctic melting, Polar Bear hunting will probably become a part of the past, as there is the very real possibility that those bears may go extinct.

They wouldn't ship to the US, see https://oliverfurswholesale.com/shop/brand-new-polar-bear-fur-bomber-jacket-coat-men-man-size-all/

https://oliverfurswholesale.com/shop/brand-new-polar-bear-fur-snowsuit-suit-men-man-size-all/

Has anyone felt polar bear fur before? How is the feeling?

• 3 weeks later...

Only indigenous people can work with polar bear fur under the Marine Mammal Protection Act. You basically have to be Inupiaq, St. Lawrence Island Yupik or Siberian Yupik to work with  polar bear unless it's already sewn into a parka ruff or mitts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 6:16 AM, furlvman1 said:

Under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, only Alaska Natives are allowed to catch polar bears.  All polar bar furs being sold must be sewn into parka ruffs or mitts before being sold under the Marine Mammal Protection Act. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/28/2021 at 6:16 AM, furlvman1 said:

Under the Marine Mammal Protection Act, the polar bear must be harvested and sewn by an Alaska Native person  before being bought. Only Alaska Natives can catch, tan and sew polar bear.