Mens fur

Apple1996

Hey guys just wanted to see if there is any guys on here from Australia? My partner has finally said yes to buying a blue fox fur long coat it's absolutely amazing I'm wondering how u guys go about wearing furs and what u style it with I will be really nervous about wearing it out and being a guy wearing fur in Australian just wondering if anyone else has been in the same position TIA

• Like 3

Not in Australia....USA here.  But...WELL DONE.  My first coat was a roaring twenties style full skin raccoon coat.  The first time I wore it in public was to NYC to walk around during the Christmas Holidays.  I was a little nervous at first...but after a while I felt so good.  I received nothing but positive comments from the other folks out and about.  Dress well and hold your head held high.  You'll be fine.  Cheers. 

hi from australia. i'm not sure about wearing furs out and about as they are a very rare occurrence here in Oz but in the colder months why the hell not! i have a sheepskin jacket that I am keen to wear once I travel further south skiing or in NZ. enjoy your furs!

Confidence is key. I still get a little nervous every now and then, but if people notice you’re confident wearing something, well that’s quite powerful. Just own it and don’t let it get in your head. Most people genuinely don’t care because they don’t see fur the way we do. Good luck!

• Like 2

I can only send more confirmation from germany: Since I started wearing fur outside (and it was NOT the massive full skin raccon like Bfur described) I was never confronted to anyone commenting bad or even saying something bad about it. Nevertheless I did not get a positive comment neither. Form all reactions it seemd to be just quite normal to everyone !

My fur gear I am wearin outside is a reversible black plucked nutria to leather vest, the same style jacket with double sided hood; a fur pullover in double sided rex rabbit (fur in- and out).

be confident !

• Like 1

the trick is to keep it low key, and not overdoing it with a "hey look at me" type of coat unless you have the confidence to pull it off. I prefer fur linings, and have several mink lined leather coats and jackets. these can be worn anywhere and are very discrete. it all depends if you want to draw attention to yourself or not.

Yes ! its all about wearing it "occasionally" - I just do it if the wheather really is all about - fur is for "against low temperatures" ...

and even in the german mild wheather it is very comfortable in the minus degrees (in celsius of course)

I do not have any outwear that is not fur. So from 1st. September to end of May each year I wear fur every day.

I sometimes wear a fur jacket when driving,  (MINK/FOX/CHINCHILLA/SABLE), other wise it is a full length coat (MINK). As I have 8 MINK coats, I rotate there wearing of them.

In addition I will always wear a fur scarf (MINK/SABLE/RABBIT) and gloves (MINK/RABBIT/SABLE).

I just want to let others see that wearing as fur as possible is the right thing to do, as it's bio-degradable etc.