Nice guys finish last?? Why?

paul2809

Can I please get some options on why  nice guys finish last??

I've felt like that lately from my relationship that I had from Tx.  

Maybe some of yall could give me an insight....

It depends on what you mean.

What is a "nice guy" and why would he be last?  Are you saying that people who let others go first only end up with leftovers?  Remember... As the saying goes, "The early bird gets the worm," but don't forget that, "The second mouse gets the cheese!"  😉

In other words, it often pays to be conservative and consider what's really important.  There are some people who always need to have the latest and greatest when it comes to electronic gadgets.  How many people do you know who always race out to buy the latest iPhone or the top of the line televisions and things.  They are often the ones who are disappointed when things don't measure up to their expectations.  If often pays to avoid being that "early adopter" and, instead, wait for the upgraded versions of things.

Do you remember the episode of Star Trek: Original Series called, "Amok Time?"  That's where Spock said one of his most famous quotes:  "After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing after all as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcxWxNO8idc

Maybe some people care more about superficial things than others.  Maybe you don't care about what other people do or what they seem to enjoy.  Maybe you're content with letting other people run their little rat race while you relax and enjoy the things that you think are more important.

Sometimes, people have to fight for what they want.  Is politics or sports important to you?  In those venues, yes, you do have to fight for what you want.  Sometimes, you have to disregard the concept of being "nice" to others to a certain degree.  Outside those certain situations, maybe you're the kind of person who is happy to just sit back and enjoy life on your own terms.

If that's true, then who cares whether people "come in first" or not?

Each person has to decide what's important to them.