Wearing fur in public?

Silverfox Man

I've never personally worn fur but I am mad for wearing sheepskin lined jackets and parkas with big hoods. 

I be think I realised that they give me a pleasure and no one really cares. 

Since I've started wearing them I've had people stop me in the street to compliment me (I've never had that before) and its become a thing at my office when I wear one. 

What gave me confidence was I saw other people wearing them I was much more comfortable with my choice. 

Hope that helps. 

I begun with a sheepskin flight jacket and hooded parka with a trim. Later on I got a reversible coyote vest, mostly wearing it with fur inside but everybody can see the collar and fur around my arms. sometimes I wear it with fur out. And two years ago I purchase a mink jacket and last winter a hooded fisher parka. Since then I enjoyed the cold day in my coyote bomber, hooded long blue fox coat and blue frost fox coat outside.

we wear our furs out but it depends on occasion and also country. I understand the question as I felt strange as a man in the beginning. Having my wife at my side wearing her full fur coat made it easier. So a suggestion from our end would be to go somewhere where a lot of people are wearing fur. So you wont stick out like a sore thumb.

On the other side: why so afraid of other people opinion?

Here in Germany we wont be wearing our furs out as much anymore as we did in Belgrade or on the Cote d'Azur. Seems to us that the Germans are getting more and more into a total anti-mindset - anti everything that is - and this is in our opinion a result of them being uneducated. But that's a different topic.

We plan to visit Prague in the winter time and will bring our furs and wear them out as much as possible. Prague is a very well known place for fur enthusiasts. I hope this helps you

• Like 2

Having spent years being envious of women wearing fur in public I decided that in these strange times I would bite the bullet and go for it.  Having been in the very front line of the COVID situation and having seen and experienced many things I’d rather not have, I decided that there were more important things to worry about.  

I started by wearing my wife’s ankle length black mink in public.  It took a couple of false starts but my overriding feeling is wishing I’d done it decades ago.  Now I barely give it a second thought. 

Oddly enough, last winter I received nothing but compliments and I wasn’t shy about offering women the opportunity to try my coats on.  Young women especially LOVED the feeling of wearing real fur and I hope it’s maybe sown some seeds…

I’ve only worn the black one last weekend since the weather here’s been so warm recently and was shouted at by some clown on a bicycle. (Yet another reason to hate cyclists!)  However, I’m so looking forward to winter and being able to wear  my minks outside. 

• Like 5

My new fur coat arrives next week, a little black faux jacket can’t wait to wear it out - although I’m a little nervous being in the U.K. and obvious male ! 

On 9/25/2021 at 9:46 AM, John Jones said:

My new fur coat arrives next week, a little black faux jacket can’t wait to wear it out - although I’m a little nervous being in the U.K. and obvious male ! 

Where have u bought it from. 

A company called TwentyFall based in Liverpool, very accommodating indeed and extremely high quality faux and real fur at acceptable prices.

I wore my full lenght faux fur coat out to get doughnuts back in march when it was freezing cold where I'm at... can't wait to go out again in furs.. 

Like FOX, I just put a coat on whenever I go out. I will probably be MINK, but it may be FOX  

I have no other outerwear, so there is no other choice.

I also need to wear a scarf, gloves, and a hat, all fur of course. That means a minimum of 4 items ever time I leave my house. It doesn't matter whether the temperature is too high! If I have to ask myself if I'm not wearing enough fur, the answer is always NO.

• 2 weeks later...

If you think about how exciting and enjoyable it is to wear your fur, less time is spent doubting your choice  and being negative. It is my #1 pleasure to don my wonderful mink coat and revel in that big fox collar in the cold. Just do it and enjoy the ride. 

Men wear fur all the time in public. The first fur that I wore in public was my black dyed longhaired beaver and medium grey wolf ruff on my Eddie Bauer parka. It's all about beaver and wolf and beaver and wolverine.

On 9/8/2021 at 4:18 PM, dongleboy said:

I’ve only worn the black one last weekend since the weather here’s been so warm recently and was shouted at by some clown on a bicycle. (Yet another reason to hate cyclists!)  However, I’m so looking forward to winter and being able to wear  my minks outside. 

Too bad.. Ive been racing bikes since I was 16 years old.. all cyclists aren't stupid... 

23 hours ago, WinnipegFur said:

Too bad.. Ive been racing bikes since I was 16 years old.. all cyclists aren't stupid... 

Of course not.  However, I’ve had some bad experiences with cyclists which has somewhat coloured my opinion. 

On 10/1/2021 at 12:33 AM, John Jones said:

A company called TwentyFall based in Liverpool, very accommodating indeed and extremely high quality faux and real fur at acceptable prices.

I always wanted to buy from them. Their fox coats look amazing. Do you have any real furs from them?

I remember back in 2004 I had taken a vacation in November to NYC with my mother and it was perfect fur coat weather the whole two weeks. At that time I only had two full length a Autumn Hazel mink with a plush collar and a Crystal Fox that is beautiful. So I had an affinity for furs since I was little and this was my first experience wearing my furs outside in public. The first day  I wore my mink my mother who wasn't comfortable at time of me wearing furs ask me to change. I told her it is 32° and I wanted to stay warm. I felt proud and strong in my masculinity to wear a women's tailored fur. She was concerned that I would be robbed or protested against for my wearing furs. But to the contrary in the four days I received a few compliments from men and women. One notable instance that sticks with me today was entering a deli, were a couple entering at the same time told me what a beautiful coat it was. That I looked strong and fashionable in it. The wife commented on the color and wanted to feel it. I allowed her and complimented her on mink. I don't remember what style exactly I think a white mink jacket. My mother asked what they asked and I told they complimented me on my fur. So that gave me the nerve to try on my fox the next day. But alas it didn't last but four days of wearing fur before pressure from my mom made me switch to a leather jacket the remaining 10 days of my trip. But they next time I travel to NYC I will try again but need to buy new coats that fit. I have out grown all my coats since I am a bigger size. But that I would chime in with my experience.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1