Going to visit the Pacific North West in October. Any Ideas for some fur opportunities while on vacation.

Lawrence

Just was curious if anyone will know of any places I should explore while in the Seattle area that are good for fur viewing or fur exploring at local shops in the western Washington area. Does it get cold enough in the beginning of October to see furs. Any one from WA in here as members would be helpful. Thanks

6 hours ago, furlvman1 said:

I believe Pappas is in Vancouver BC. Vintage clothing shops are likely your best bet.

Correct on this: Vancouver BC is a couple of hours away and I do believe the US/Canadian border is still closed.

Vintage clothing shops are definitely your best bet. October is still too warm and you’ll be hard-pressed to catch any cold spells. So December and January are the coldest months if you’re going to have any chance on seeing furs candidly on the streets.

It’s the 2020s and seeing woman (much less men) wearing outwear entirely of fur is an extreme rarity. The last time I caught a glimpse was in the latter part of last decade; a lady in transit with a dark mink jacket and a woman wearing a full length coyote coat at one of the getaways outside of Seattle city limits.

Amazingly enough, in the mid-2000s, I did see it more often than I had expected - mostly ladies in transit wearing full-length minks during the snowy season or strolling around during the Holidays. Unfortunately and to be expected with the political climate, it IS pretty much a rare fashion occurrence in the Seattle area.

Shareholder meetings in the winter can show lot of mink coats. Also you don't see them much on the street, but I've seen a lot more women wearing furs in their cars.

• Like 1