What do you consider your fondest memories of your childhood and first time saw a staff member or parents wearing fur at school?

Lawrence

I just had a memory of being in Elementary school in 1994-1995 in Florida and it was during the winter months and remember seeing a school counselor who came to school wearing a short brown mink jacket and that was one of my first experiences seeing furs in public. I couldn't wait until the next day to see if she would come to school wearing her fur coat. Being Florida it was a very unique occurence that I have experience. My question to the community is " What is you first or fondest memories of seeing furs such as mink,fox,sable,lynx, and other furs in school? Excited to hear what other post as their answers.  

• Like 2

I had a teacher in elementary that wore a red fox fur coat often when it was cold ..looked amazing on her..

Every time I was able to go get my bag, I would try to touch her soft fur coat..

In our elementary classes back in the day, once in awhile we would have other schoolmates from other teachers take our assigned desks for a session or two during the week. I had one girl schoolmate a year older than me that wore one of those patchwork rabbit coats that were quite popular in the day and she’d hang it on my chair whenever it was her class’ turn to be taught by my homeroom teacher. 

I can’t recall if I ever got a chance to catch a feel of her coat BUT I do remember trying to always hurry back to catch a glimpse of it and her before she put it back on. It’s safe to say that back in the day, just knowing that her coat was resting on ‘my’ chair was satisfactory enough!

I saw quite a few rabbit coats and vest in my community college. My earliest school fur was in 3rd grade, where one of my teachers was wearing a brown rabbit jacket. And a bunch of the students gathered around her to feel it. Some stood next to her and placed their cheeks on her sides, and she nicely held their heads so they would sink even further into the fur. I decided to walk up to her when one side of her fur was available, and pressed my cheek against the coat, and she pressed my head into it as well.

My first school fur experience was in my primary school, where our principal always wear either a blue-dyed fur parka or a dark-brown fox fur vest. But one time she wore both furs together, which the fur vest was inside of the fur parka and walked around the playground when we all kids were gathered. She looked so beautiful in those furs, and when the wind blew, the movement of the furs simply blew my mind til this day. 

Two of my teachers always wore full length raccoon coats.. one also owned a blue fox.. the patchwork rabbit jackets were also popular with some of the girls in class...

One of my teachers used to wear those fake fur strollers.  he had a white one and a dark blue one.  This was popular in the 1970s.  

One day, our teacher took us on a field trip.  The teacher wore a long fur coat on the trip.  I remembers the girls wanting to touch the fur coat. 

Unfortunately I can't remember any fur in my german school 😢. I would definitly have spotted it, but there was simply nobody who wore fur.

When I was in the first grade, the second grade teacher in the classroom next door wore a fur coat during the winter and cold early spring.  We (the kids) thought she looked like a prostitute, especially when she wore high heels with the fur. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blowmybagpipes2 said:

@LordTheNightKnightThat is awesome! I'm sure that felt amazing!

What did your teacher look like if you don't mind me asking?

It was wonderful, but not long enough, as I didn't know if it would be okay if I just stayed there for a few minutes.

It was in '89, so I guess I remember her face, but it's hard to describe. She did have short, curly brow hair.

• Like 1

blowmybagpipes2 

What kind of fur did my teacher had?  Well, its was at least 50 years ago so I can't remember what kind of fur.  I can tell you that it was brown in color.  I would guess a mink?  What furs are brown color? Its rare to see a school teacher in fur, especially with the mild weather in San Francisco.  

g

• Like 2

My other teacher, the one who has two fake fur coats.  She drove a sports car to work.  She was younger than my other teachers.  

back at school I remember two teachers wearing their furs, one was red fox but the other one was FULL PELT BLUE FOX JACKET. I saw her in the fox one winter only (she was new and I was in the last grade). The fox was stunning!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, minkme said:

blowmybagpipes2 

What kind of fur did my teacher had?  Well, its was at least 50 years ago so I can't remember what kind of fur.  I can tell you that it was brown in color.  I would guess a mink?  What furs are brown color? Its rare to see a school teacher in fur, especially with the mild weather in San Francisco.  

g

It's more a question of what furs don't come in brown. Lynx is one, as is bobcat, and most of the fur bearing cats. Chinchilla has a brown mutation color, but I don't know if she had something that extravagant. Otherwise it could be any fur.

• Like 1

I remember it being very long, but I was little at that time so it would be ling for me.  Maybe 3/5 length or longer.  Its not shades of brown, maybe all brown 

• Like 1