What does your bed look like?

FurMaster3

@Norwegian lynx WOW! THAT"S AMAZING! Now all that's missing is a sexy woman nude on top, for you to fondle with furs? Is there one in particular you like to sleep with, or is it more a rotating basis? Which is your favorite?

5 hours ago, FurMaster3 said:

@Norwegian lynx WOW! THAT"S AMAZING! Now all that's missing is a sexy woman nude on top, for you to fondle with furs? Is there one in particular you like to sleep with, or is it more a rotating basis? Which is your favorite?

Blue Fox is the definite favourite, but the coyote is the most used during the cold season (no oven in our current bedroom) due to its durability and no risk of yellowing or damage to colours, and the rex rabbit as a comforter the mid seasons. The coyote is also uaually brought to our cabin in the winter, where the temperature in the bedroom often drops beneath 10C in the night.

33 minutes ago, Norwegian lynx said:

Blue Fox is the definite favourite, but the coyote is the most used during the cold season (no oven in our current bedroom) due to its durability and no risk of yellowing or damage to colours, and the rex rabbit as a comforter the mid seasons. The coyote is also uaually brought to our cabin in the winter, where the temperature in the bedroom often drops beneath 10C in the night.

Sounds scrumptious.

16 hours ago, FurMaster3 said:

@furnz What are we looking at? What furs do we have here?

2 Silver, 1 Crystal, Golden island, 2 Blue, 1 Red, 1 Purple, and a platinum fox just out of the picture. Plus a artic hooded coat and sable jacket being worn 😉

On 10/2/2021 at 10:58 PM, Marcel said:

did you use a camera from 1940?

No, I just find colour photos very boring in general 🤗, but since you asked...

IMG_20210911_204515_7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/4/2021 at 11:12 PM, furnz said:

No, I just find colour photos very boring in general 🤗, but since you asked...

IMG_20210911_204515_7.jpg

thx, the crystal is much prettier in colours

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not showing you! but I'll describe it. 

big wooden double bed with feather duvet. I rotate my fur blankets in succession, and have 3 black mink blankets made from full length mink coats,

A full pelt blue fox blanket made with 12 new pelts, an opossum? fur blanket, and a seal blanket. 

two possum cushions and a red fox bolster pillow. not all at once, you understand!  lately I've been snuggling under a large full length full pelt black male mink coat too.

was lying in bed last night listening to wind and rain outside all toasty in mink. bliss!  

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

When I was a bachelor over a decade ago in the winter I used to just save money and turn the heat off in the apartment. It was a very old apartment over top of a building built in the 1800s in an Ohio Small town. I used to get all of the fur I got at the local thrift shops and just bundle up and sleep. One morning I might have let it get a bit too cold because I woke up and I could see my breath. 

I sleep under a rabbit bedspread. Yes, usually only in the cold months, not sure how you could tolerate it in the summer.

I don't have the money to clean and condition all my pieces every year, but I will for my bedspread to have it last longer. I bought it used, so not sure how old it is or how long it will last.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:24 AM, furlondon said:

this is my dyed blue fox fur blanket with sheepsking rug (6) and hooded blue fox fur coat. I simply love furs

IMG_3430.JPG

Where’s the hooded blue from?😍

On 2/23/2023 at 2:09 PM, minkme said:

Question for you folks using fur as blankets.  Are you worried about damaging them with night sweat? You body sweats a bit during the night.

I usually sleep under my blanket as opposed to on top of it, and even the times when I do sleep on top of my fur blanket with a regular blanket on top of me, there's never been a problem of sweating on it at all surprisingly. The only thing about sleeping on top of it is that it can ruffle the fur a little, not too badly though, I just pick the blanket up and reset it and it's fine. I try not to sleep on top of it often though as I have a tear in the middle and don't want my legs running across it and exacerbating it. I used to lie on one side and fold the blanket over on top of me which felt immaculate but not very practical for longevity's sake. 

On 2/23/2023 at 8:09 PM, minkme said:

Question for you folks using fur as blankets.  Are you worried about damaging them with night sweat? You body sweats a bit during the night.

I do worry about night sweats, yet I consider sleeping under a fur blanket is worth it. Actually, your body sweats a whole lot during the night, not just a bit. Internet says between 0.2 and 1 liter per night. That's why I leave the fur blanket hanging during the day such it can dry. I usually don't sleep on a fur blanket.

A fur blanket is not build to last forever. And I wouldn't live forever too.