Chinchilla vs Rex

Fur dale

Hi fellow fur friends I have just bought a full skins rex chinchilla coat what is the difference between real chinchilla and rex will be still be luxuriously soft  

6A6932B3-27BA-43AB-9C38-5743484E4915.png

BA6847B5-0AB0-4510-9C18-E135FCA9D8AD.png

DE4508D9-2C85-4576-A9ED-710B336970EE.png

• Like 1

Chinchilla is much more fragile and soft- but for me even to soft to the touch.  And taking the price into consideration,  I am heading towards rex rabbit...

Rex rabbit can have some variance in textures. Such variences can be either genetic or most likely, when the pelt was harvested. Winter time will have a rabbit with a heavier, more dense, pelt. Orylag, a rex variant, often has its own slightly different texture. Rex rabbits have a fairly tough hide and are one of my favorite furs.

Chinchilla is in a class of its own. It is  incredibly soft but very fragile. The hairs are split at the end giving it a unique feel. Other than appearance, you cannot really compare Rex rabbit to chinchilla. The feel is much different. I have both and enjoy them, but am careful in how I handle the chinchilla.

Oh thanks so is rex fur still really soft can’t wait to get the coat it looks super soft 👿 can’t afford a real chinchilla fur but would love to have one mmmm felt them in Greece they were so soft . Never felt a rex fur before 

Yes, it is like explained - Rex Rabbit and Chinchilla are not comparable in the softness. But taking the much more sturdy hide and the price into account - I am ALWAYS heading towards rex. And for me it is the softest "usable" fur (and it can be "used" several times 😉 )

• Like 2

First of all, the coat looks awesome. The difference between Rex and Chinchilla is massive. Real chinchilla looks extremely glamorous, this will definitely turn some heads when worn :). In real life the difference in appearance is even bigger. From my point of view these furs are uncomparable.

Unfortunately real chinchilla is very fragile, by fragile I mean really fragile. It rips apart the moment some stress is applied to is, I even stopped having my coat repaired. And yes, it is so soft it is really hard not to like it.

To get an impression on the price difference:

https://skandinavikfur.com/long-chinchilla-coat-hooded-3-4-length-anne-marie/

https://skandinavikfur.com/chinchilla-rex-fur-coat-hooded-mid-hip-length/

The price difference is roughly a factor 7 for an roughly equal coat. A small note here, these coats are from a Greek store which uses lower labor prices, the prices in the US/Western Europa are roughly 50% higher (or even more).

@Fur daleJust out of curiosity, where did you buy the coat?

• Like 1

Just got my coat and omg it’s amazing so soft I would love a chinchilla fur but can’t afford one  I got it from eBay it’s brand new hand made full skin rex chinchilla  this is my collection so far 1st real fur I have  others are just faux bit there so soft aswell 😜

2D3BF665-4FCE-4384-9DD7-35DA52B5C4BA.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Charfur said:

First of all, the coat looks awesome. The difference between Rex and Chinchilla is massive. Real chinchilla looks extremely glamorous, this will definitely turn some heads when worn :). In real life the difference in appearance is even bigger. From my point of view these furs are uncomparable.

Unfortunately real chinchilla is very fragile, by fragile I mean really fragile. It rips apart the moment some stress is applied to is, I even stopped having my coat repaired. And yes, it is so soft it is really hard not to like it.

To get an impression on the price difference:

https://skandinavikfur.com/long-chinchilla-coat-hooded-3-4-length-anne-marie/

https://skandinavikfur.com/chinchilla-rex-fur-coat-hooded-mid-hip-length/

The price difference is roughly a factor 7 for an roughly equal coat. A small note here, these coats are from a Greek store which uses lower labor prices, the prices in the US/Western Europa are roughly 50% higher (or even more).

@Fur daleJust out of curiosity, where did you buy the coat?

The rex fur looks so nice 

5 hours ago, Fur dale said:

Whare you from . Have you got Skype 

No Skype and on the west coast. Where are you at?

• 1 year later...
6 hours ago, raffi1202 said:

Hey where do you bought it link? 

i have the same and dont know if the seller scamed me and said ist chinchilla but its rex 

2F453BA3-6A4A-438E-BC2D-9B2DFB17F573.thumb.jpeg.a89f02ff20fb95e3c25d6764534e9fea.jpeg

I bought it from eBay he said it was chinchilla rex