Collecting Fur Pelts

Furloverzip

I wanna know if there are anyone who hunts or shops and collects pelts from hunting or buying them and if you use them for projects, decorations, etc. If you use them for creating other stuff, I wanna know what you usually make with them

And as my own personal experience, I collect fox pelts and often make rugs with them and there was one time I used a fox pelt to make underwear. Most of them time I collect them and just pet them or something. I feel more attached to the fur when it's a singular pelt because I can often wonder about the life of that specific fox and whatnot. Makes it feel more personal, I guess

I collect fur rugs or pelts that can be used as fur rugs.  I basically collect whatever I can get at an affordable price.  My fur collection is simply placed all over the floor and it's only put away when someone comes over with crawling babies as the furs do get walked on in dirty shoes and are not washed.

I used to be much more attracted to the pelt aspect of furs when i was younger but ive drifted away now, however my interest is still high, i just appreciate pieces with more pelts in them, admiring the magnitude of animals it takes to create bed spreads etc chinchilla coats. However i did get a fox pelt pretty early on that i frequently arrived on and a rabbit pelt and a goat skin rug, i also used this sheepskin rug occasionally however that was all i had.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2021 at 3:51 AM, Furloverzip said:

I wanna know if there are anyone who hunts or shops and collects pelts from hunting or buying them and if you use them for projects, decorations, etc. If you use them for creating other stuff, I wanna know what you usually make with them

How did you learn about Crafting with Fur?

I am curious about that Topic.

Some of it was from just trying different stuff and looking stuff up online. You can find interesting tutorials for simple crafts. A lot of mine are super basic, though.

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply.

I got a handful of Pelts myself over the Years, mostly Foxes (Blue, Red, Arctic Marble, Arctic), a Coyote and a few Sheepskins.

Haven´t crafted with Fur yet.

Yeah, I collect quite a few. I don't do crafts much. I turned one of my cheaper fox pelts into underwear very recently, though.

• 3 weeks later...

i like to collect pelt from diffrens animals. like rabbbit, fox, possum, kangoro, raccon dog, raccon. mink, mai hamster, muskrat  and more. I have liked fur for almost 45 years so I do not remember all the animals that have been to my collection. some times i use som furs to make someting nice like garment. vest and mitten.

Edited by likemyfurs
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...