Throwing Out Furs

Furloverzip

This is a bit of a strange question, but have any of you thrown old furs in the garbage or know anyone who has? I'm curious about it for some reason. I personally don't approve of people doing that as it is usually just a waste of a good fur, but some furs sometimes just can't be saved (in which case I can understand). 

Just now, Furloverzip said:

This is a bit of a strange question, but have any of you thrown old furs in the garbage or know anyone who has? I'm curious about it for some reason. I personally don't approve of people doing that as it is usually just a waste of a good fur, but some furs sometimes just can't be saved (in which case I can understand). 

Good question, because whenever I see a fur rug on the floor of a store, I always wonder where it will end up (at least two ended up in my collection but I certainly hope the same happen to the majority).

2 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

Good question, because whenever I see a fur rug on the floor of a store, I always wonder where it will end up (at least two ended up in my collection but I certainly hope the same happen to the majority).

I wonder that with all furs. I wonder if they'll just someday end up in a landfill.

2 minutes ago, Furloverzip said:

I wonder that with all furs. I wonder if they'll just someday end up in a landfill.

Some people do throw furs away or even incinerate them publicly to make a statement about political correctness and animal rights.  On Facebook marketplace, I sometimes see furs listed and quite often, there are replies like "It's not worth anything", "Incinerate it", or "Donate it to a museum".

2 hours ago, FurRugLover said:

Some people do throw furs away or even incinerate them publicly to make a statement about political correctness and animal rights.  On Facebook marketplace, I sometimes see furs listed and quite often, there are replies like "It's not worth anything", "Incinerate it", or "Donate it to a museum".

Oh, those animal rights activists are another can of worms there. They go out of their way to ruin furs. Which I really don't agree with

I threw out the second fur I ever bought. I wasn't super knowledgeable about eBay at the time and was just excited to get a great deal on a real mink jacket. I didn't put any thought into the "craft quality fur" description and I probably should have. It smelled like sour milk, the fur was falling out. It had at least three major tears on the inner lining. I kept it for 24 hours and then tossed it in the dumpster. 

2 hours ago, Shy_Fur_Guy said:

I threw out the second fur I ever bought. I wasn't super knowledgeable about eBay at the time and was just excited to get a great deal on a real mink jacket. I didn't put any thought into the "craft quality fur" description and I probably should have. It smelled like sour milk, the fur was falling out. It had at least three major tears on the inner lining. I kept it for 24 hours and then tossed it in the dumpster. 

Yeah, that seems very rough. I got a fox fur vest that had kinda dried out fur and had a musty smell I just can't get rid of. Even after I urinated on it for fun, the must smell remained. I still have it, but I dunno what to do with it

16 minutes ago, Shy_Fur_Guy said:

Could have been made into a patchwork fur rug.  The smell could be due to the chemicals used to tan the hide.