black mink

saynotofaux

anyone here love black mink?

I love shiny black mink, shinier the better!

probably my all time favourite fur, I have black mink blankets, reversible leather coats, a few full length dark minks, 

I love the reversible ones best, some are "double faced" where the skin side of the pelts are leathered or sueded.

I've had most furs over the years, but always seem to gravitate back to the dark minks. 

• Like 2

my collection?

i'll try over the next few days, I assume you upload them from your phone to the laptop & drag & drop them here.

That sheared with the sable collar is remarkable. Although the bell sleeves could be altered.

The "bat-wing" blue cape/jacket is interesting, too.

full pelt, "skin on skin" or let out?  I think skin on skin looks better on jackets, and let out on full length coats. 

• 7 months later...
On 3/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, saynotofaux said:

anyone here love black mink?

I love shiny black mink, shinier the better!

probably my all time favourite fur

For me, it’s my overall favorite and ultimate in terms of the overall response I feel from its visual aesthetic. There’s nothing more regal, elegant, and luxurious than a full length black mink coat.

Pictured here is the wife in her full length Blackglama and “brand new” Ben Kahn 3/4ths length. Technically, the Ben Kahn is an extremely dark dark brown but can often be mistaken as black. I personally couldn’t be happier!

67C51584-D718-4A1D-8BE3-E91A0124EB8F.png

EC941EE9-2E56-4DE6-B036-96E7BA193233.jpeg

• Like 4

I have agree with "Pnwhist" that his wife's new additions to her fur collection are amazing and stunning. I have always loved black minks. They are classic and timeless. I have at least one black mink in my own collection.

Edited by Lawrence
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Black minks are elegant and beautiful. If you have any pics from your collection you wouldn't mind sharing, I also have some pics from my collection for you to see.

2 hours ago, coatfashion said:

Black minks are elegant and beautiful. If you have any pics from your collection you wouldn't mind sharing, I also have some pics from my collection for you to see.

Well see the third post in this thread for my shared pics, if you haven't already.

2021-12-08-07-53-16-851.thumb.jpg.226c83523ce5e887c547f5cc8dad8ddd.jpg

Here's a full length black mink I purchased for my mom a few years back. It's a size 16 and about 54 inches long.

Edited by coatfashion
  • Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, coatfashion said:

Here is another coat I purchased....

Have you been able to wear yours out yet? My wife finally got to wear hers out last Monday in our upper 30sF weather. We had our date night dinner outside and every now then made comments how her mink kept her nice and warm. …exactly!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pnwhist said:

Have you been able to wear yours out yet? My wife finally got to wear hers out last Monday in our upper 30sF weather. We had our date night dinner outside and every now then made comments how her mink kept her nice and warm. …exactly!

I actually bought the first mink for my Mom. She still owns it. The second coat was for 'play'.

On 3/24/2021 at 9:10 AM, saynotofaux said:

IMG_0267.thumb.JPG.22e347e1c47b2cada0d957b6fb3f6a6c.JPGIMG_0265.thumb.JPG.ad2539dfa8f9e172a603aeddf05e184e.JPGIMG_0262.thumb.JPG.5eb63457f0c52c2e0fa41a002b249913.JPGhere's a few pics of my reversible mink jackets, there very discreet, I wear them all winterIMG_0268.thumb.JPG.cff71a3959f2886d1a6366451bff42db.JPG

I sure love that sheared one on the bottom.