Fur blankets for sleeping on

Skinnypanda

Hey all,

I plan on moving out of my parents house later this year, and plan on upgrading my bedroom once i'm in my own place. With that, I plan on getting one real fur blanket to use as a comforter (I'm moving from CA to the east coast, so the climate difference will be drastic, especially as i've lived in CA my whole life), but also want something to sleep on top of.

I know that real fur might not be the best option, as it could matte or ruin the fur. That being said, I was wondering what the best faux options might be. I know faux has gotten a lot better in the recent years, and am curious to see how everyone views it here. If there is any real fur that could work (sheepskin, or alpaca, or something else potentially), i'm definitely open to suggestions, and generally would just like to make some conversation regarding the best type of fur, real or faux, to sleep on top of.

5 hours ago, Skinnypanda said:

Hey all,

I plan on moving out of my parents house later this year, and plan on upgrading my bedroom once i'm in my own place. With that, I plan on getting one real fur blanket to use as a comforter (I'm moving from CA to the east coast, so the climate difference will be drastic, especially as i've lived in CA my whole life), but also want something to sleep on top of.

I know that real fur might not be the best option, as it could matte or ruin the fur. That being said, I was wondering what the best faux options might be. I know faux has gotten a lot better in the recent years, and am curious to see how everyone views it here. If there is any real fur that could work (sheepskin, or alpaca, or something else potentially), i'm definitely open to suggestions, and generally would just like to make some conversation regarding the best type of fur, real or faux, to sleep on top of.

Hi, as already said here, a real decent faux fur (for us fur lovers) is usually around 50/60 $ per linear meter (so at least around 100/150 $ for a bedspread). I have a personal experience about buying the best quality possible faux fur by the meter and making my own bedspreads (currently owning 8 different ones) as you won't find a good quality faux fur in the usual shops. After testing several suppliers, the best you can find is that one : https://www.fakefurshop.com/product-category/faux-fur-by-the-metre/luxury-faux-fur-by-the-metre/ and after testing most of their ranges, I found that one is the most satisfying for us furlovers : https://www.fakefurshop.com/product-tag/3105/. Several others are really good, check mid height pile ranges + heavy density furs (= the softests and more resistant). I've made a full article about their ranges here   https://www.fourrureclub.com/blog/13721-fourrureshop-fr-limitation-fourrure-de-qualite/

• Like 2

The best fake I've found is the Mon Chateau 50 × 60 throw. It comes rolled up tight with leather straps for aroun $85 - $100. The Mon Chateau quad fake sheepskins from Costco Re except as well. No Hide is a lesser budget alternative. As far as real fur goes, rabbit fur blankets are probably the way to go for reasonably cheap. Alpaca does clean up easily so while more than rabbit, is another option. Opposum cleans by brushing easily too.

I understand fabulousfurs.com 

Has some nice faux fur throws as well, but if you want a reall fox fur blanket, I suggest looking at ebay and etsy.com and the app as well..

It really depends on the sizing needed for the bed..

• 5 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:35 AM, sheepskin_lover said:

Can't beat an octo or decto sheepskin top and bottom.

Absolutely... That's the best way...also a double skin to cover the pillows as well.