Random question about furs

bunnyboy

Hello,

long time lurker, I have a question that has been in my mind while looking at online fur websites.  While going around I would look at the men's and women's fur coats and for some reason I could not find the difference between them.  So my question is, is there any difference? Or is there a huge difference that I can't see?

Thank you,

Bunny boy

Basically down to the fit of the coat. Just think difference between men's and women's coats generally. Me myself, I prefer women's coats ad love the fitted feeling. Just needs a little care when looking at places such as ebay etc. Personal opinion, women's coats far better. Not so practical for wearing out I admit  but then my furs are worn purely for pleasure.

I've asked that to plenty of people, especially when I was just about to buy some.

There are some features that many people will consider to be masculine vs feminine - type of collar, type of closure, fur style... It really doesn't matter if you like it. Out of my collection, the two coats I wear out are women's coats and I think they look great on me. Pick what you like and wear it with confidence!

• Like 1

The biggest is probably the way the coat does up.. but really.. who cares.... the first thing I am going to notice is someone wearing a fur coat, not which way one side overlaps the other.. and in these days, who really cares now.. thats a thing of the past.. Ive got 5 mens style fur coats (1 coyote parka, 2 coyote coats, 1 beaver jacket, 1 raccon full) the rest are womens generally in fox.. I wore a huge silver fox for a 1.5 hour walk around the park the other day while it was -20... walked by a few people and no one said a thing or even thought anything of it.. they were probably jealous I was wrapped in fox at -20 and they weren't hahaha 

Its been brutal cold here for 3 weks, finally broke and getting warm (well -6) so still fur weather, but during our -30 with -50 windchill snap, I only saw 2 other fur coats... 

In the end a coat is a coat, personally I think you should be the one that is happy with it. But for a women's coat the sleeves are shorter, collar line is more feminine, shoulder line is different (usually smaller), closure of the coat is left over right, in the past men dressed themselves and most are right handed so a men's coat closes right over left . Pockets are at different height, size of the sleeves on the inside of the coat is smaller. These are all just details, a nice coat is a nice coat especially if you are happy with it :).

My opinion is that there is a very big difference between European and American fur styles here.

While American full length furs appears to be very similar for men and women, you'll find that men a are usually boxier and less fitted, which (I think?) is often the case of american men's fashion in general.

European fashion is more fitted for men too, and you'll often see that represented in furs as well, and they also tend to be less boxy and bulky, and maybe more "modern" looking and changing with yearly fashion. 

Be advised, this is all from a European fur lovers point of view, and may be very over simplified! Hope no one find it offensive..!

Thank you for replying to this question ya'll helped a lot.  I am not picking out a fur right now because it is not in my budget to get one but it will be a goal of mine to get one. I do have a boyfriend and we both are extremely honest to each other and he is completely accepting of my fetish and I am accepting of his(sadly not fur).  As a fun fact the first fur I would like to buy would be a beaver or lynx fur I can't choose.  Might as well get both lol.  Also I think I'll post more I can be a bit shy, but I think I popped my bubble. Lastly, Ya'll stay warm and stay safe if your in Texas.

Thank you,

bunnyboy

Edited by bunnyboy

10 hours ago, bunnyboy said:

Thank you for replying to this question ya'll helped a lot.  I am not picking out a fur right now because it is not in my budget to get one but it will be a goal of mine to get one. I do have a boyfriend and we both are extremely honest to each other and he is completely accepting of my fetish and I am accepting of his(sadly not fur).  As a fun fact the first fur I would like to buy would be a beaver or lynx fur I can't choose.  Might as well get both lol.  Also I think I'll post more I can be a bit shy, but I think I popped my bubble. Lastly, Ya'll stay warm and stay safe if your in Texas.

Thank you,

bunnyboy

Do you have pictures of the types of lynx or beaver you are considering? Always interesting to see what other guys are going for!

1 hour ago, Norwegian lynx said:

Do you have pictures of the types of lynx or beaver you are considering? Always interesting to see what other guys are going for!

For play, rex rabbit (not-sheared) & sheared and plucked nutria get the most work outs. Chinchilla, sheared and plucked beaver, sheared river otter,, baby alpaca (non-Seri) I like lynx, but it's never cheap so I only have a couple of coats in it. Besides, it seems to get damaged even easier the chinchilla to me. Alpaca & opposum brush out easily, like new, on even the hardest cum stains.. Lately, some of the better fake furs which have come a long way in quality. I've been a fur fan for well over 50 years and can tell you that tastes change, and that some furs which are visually very appealing, but are not as soft as they look. Furs vary and not all fur of a given type, feel the same. Have fun and enjoy.

20 hours ago, Norwegian lynx said:

I haven't tried looking yet and I am also not sure where to start too. I think I might start another post asking what sites are good soon or could anyone give me some good sites to check out?