History of Fur Fetishes

rabbitfur

Hi all.

Interesting discussion and topic here. Read it and now I feel I should give my two cents....

I think we have to distinguish and differentiate between fur as an erotic, sensual and therefore sexual attracting material and the "real" fetish. Fur as an erotic material is used for long time (the lady naked on a bearskin rug in fron of the fireplace, a woman wearing a fur coat naked, fur as the symbol of power and wealth which is also some sexual trigger etc.).

But fucking the brains out of your partner on a soft fur rug or on a fur blanket doesn't automatically mean that a fur FETISH is involved. Even though the fetish concept was discovered earlier (Freud et al), I think that teh fact that more and more people really HAVING a fetish mostly started later when society changed, people started to work more "brain work" and less "body work", relationships became more complex and complicated and therefore communication between partners are not so easy. A lot is expected from all of us these days on many levels and therefore the tendency to built oneself a sexual valve grew since maybe the 1950/60s.

People (mostly males because a fetish (=sexualizing an object) is (unfortunately 🙂 ) more a male "thing") started to be unsure of their secuality and so they started to project more into the things and scenarios to get them aroused. Media usage (espeically these days) is another thing which put steam into the fetishism in general. And being a real fetishist usually means that you are aroused by the object and nothing else anymore. So any shaggy and cheap fur piece will do the trick if you are a real fur fetishist (generally speaking, I know there are always exceptions to the rules).

On top of that I think the more dense and controlled or pressured a society becomes, the more people develop funny sexual passions/fetishes. Stayed in Japan for some time and ooooh yes, there are things which attracts some people, one wouldn't believe 🤪 🤣

Again, I am no expert in all this, I just made my share of experiences with my "light" fur fetish and my other silly and weird passion and the way I came from with all of my fantasies 🧐

Hope more people share their opinions here.

• Like 2

There was a thread on this website somewhere that tackled the topic of "fetish vs. enthusiasm", so I won't delve into that too much, because I'd just be repeating what was said there. Perhaps one of the "oldtimers" might remember the thread...

3 hours ago, MrFur212-2.0 said:

Media usage (espeically these days) is another thing which put steam into the fetishism in general.

This piqued my interest, and I think you might be onto something with this one, although maybe from different perspective.

One of the aspects of our time is the fact that more and more things become mediated. We no longer do many things ourselves. Outside of work, fundamental parts of everyday life are "taken care of" by others. Food production, cooking, repairs, 'resource management' (for lack of better terms), everything is done through externalized means, either in form of services or individual people. Majority of things we do are mediated by others, specifically trained in that area. Even our perception of reality is 'curated' by media (in common sense, i.e. TV, internet, newspaper etc.).

Media theorists, in tandem with social psychologists, uphold the belief that if the language system changes, people's behaviour and psychology changes. This is often observed among multilingual people - their thought and behaviour patters alter when they speak in different language. In that same vein, cultures change whenever dominating form of medium changes, i.e. with invention of printing press (and thus a switch from oral tradition to distribution of written material), invention of radio or TV. Whenever medium or its environment changes, culture using it changes.

How does this relate to fetishes? Well, we're getting increasingly used to having everything mediated. Work through PCs, food through shops and restaurants, entertainment through internet. Everything is becoming externalized. We don't rely on ourselves in true sense of the word, but rather, we rely on our skill of navigating external sources. Where to get a job to get money, who to call when our kitchen sink gets clogged or when our car breaks down, which joint to call when we're hungry and too lazy to cook something... As such, our modus operandi (so to speak) switches from internal motivation to external navigation. Now, a "true fetish" is essentially a need for mediation of intimacy. It's no longer two people, but two people + an object, sometimes the fetish gets so strong that you don't even need another person. What matters is the object mediating your stimulation.

This is of course purely speculative, but what if your increased reliance on mediated way of life across all parts of life leads to not necessarily creation, but perhaps increase of fetish prevalence? Meaning those who would otherwise "just like" something are more prone to developing actual fetish, and those who already have one are more prone to having the "extreme" version, where they no longer want another person but are wholly satisfied by said object?

Read nearly every word in this thread. Have loved fur for over 60 yrs. started w faux slippers for sex. I believe that having s3x w partner in fur is passion or enthusiasm. Fantasizing, dreaming of furs, different sizes & types is fetish. Thinking about fur many times a day nearly every day is fetish??? Used to feel like something wrong w me til internet & chatting with other fur lovers.

bottom line…love to dream of fur. Love to see it on women & touch it. Often wish I were woman or had nerve to wear a fur outdoors! Just to be in a fur.

like old movies. Recently watched oldie of fur trappers. Dirty crazy men. Never thought of it but I wonder how often they used one of the skins to relieve themselves. No women out in wilderness in those days.

• 2 years later...

What I don't understand is why fur fetish or fur coat fetish isn't more popular.and accepted? I have had a fur coat fetish since before I could walk or talk .my first memory EVERwas my aunt holding me when I was a baby I was naked and she took me from my mother's arms wearing a GOLDEN ISLAND FOX WITH ARTIC FOX TUXEDO COLLAR AND CUFFS . And as soon as my skin hit that fur I seized up like I got shocked and then went limp and got this look of pure Bliss.thats what my mom said . But from that day forward if there was a fur coat in the house I was doing everything I could take try and touch it  .and I'm 52 now and I have a crystal fox and a blue fox coats in my bed as I'm writing this.  So it definatly stuck .  Now I can understand people in southern states it not being popular because not to many mom's or aunts have them but I'm from Boston and I have twelve aunts that all had furs and I had my way with everyone of them .but my point is how could a man say pick up a fur coat or jacket and feel how soft it is and NOT THINK WOW THIS WOULD FEEL REALLY GOOD ON MY PENIS !! I know I would and do . But I never s easyer for someone to come out and say there a homosexual and be accepted. Than if I were to come out and say hey I have something to tell everyone. I have a fur coat fetish I love the way fur feels on my skin especially my penis . The whole place would think I was nuts . Like one guy likes to put his up another man's but that's OK . But rubbing a $2,500.00 fox fur coat thats just preposterous . anyone with me on this . Every woman in America has a vibrator but I shouldn't have a fur coat I just dont get it

• Like 3

On 8/17/2021 at 7:33 AM, MrFur212-2.0 said:

Hi all.

Interesting discussion and topic here. Read it and now I feel I should give my two cents....

I think we have to distinguish and differentiate between fur as an erotic, sensual and therefore sexual attracting material and the "real" fetish. Fur as an erotic material is used for long time (the lady naked on a bearskin rug in fron of the fireplace, a woman wearing a fur coat naked, fur as the symbol of power and wealth which is also some sexual trigger etc.).

But fucking the brains out of your partner on a soft fur rug or on a fur blanket doesn't automatically mean that a fur FETISH is involved. Even though the fetish concept was discovered earlier (Freud et al), I think that teh fact that more and more people really HAVING a fetish mostly started later when society changed, people started to work more "brain work" and less "body work", relationships became more complex and complicated and therefore communication between partners are not so easy. A lot is expected from all of us these days on many levels and therefore the tendency to built oneself a sexual valve grew since maybe the 1950/60s.

People (mostly males because a fetish (=sexualizing an object) is (unfortunately 🙂 ) more a male "thing") started to be unsure of their secuality and so they started to project more into the things and scenarios to get them aroused. Media usage (espeically these days) is another thing which put steam into the fetishism in general. And being a real fetishist usually means that you are aroused by the object and nothing else anymore. So any shaggy and cheap fur piece will do the trick if you are a real fur fetishist (generally speaking, I know there are always exceptions to the rules).

On top of that I think the more dense and controlled or pressured a society becomes, the more people develop funny sexual passions/fetishes. Stayed in Japan for some time and ooooh yes, there are things which attracts some people, one wouldn't believe 🤪 🤣

Again, I am no expert in all this, I just made my share of experiences with my "light" fur fetish and my other silly and weird passion and the way I came from with all of my fantasies 🧐

Hope more people share their opinions here.

• Like 1

I agree my fetish for fur coats really the woman could be there or not . I am looking at that coat and fantasizing about how it would feel on my cock .I look thrue ebay at the used furs and find deals on furs and but them .I have a closet almost full .and I take care of them like they are there own. Entity it's hard to explain.insee some po n were guys are cuming all over there furs  . I would never do something like that . Not only is it a pain in the ass to get out but I like mine to be showroom quality. And as of about a year ago I started leaving my closet door open some guests could see them hanging there . I want them to ask me why a attractive hedrosexual man has fur coats and a lot of them . And I tell them in detail why and what I do with them .the woman seen that like it I have them try them on they love that we do roll play . The guys I explain to them and some have gone on ebay and there girlfriend or wives all have fox fur coats and jackets now  .I'm to old ld to be sneaking around I have a fur coat fetish like it or not 

• Like 2

Yeah I think if you’re looking for a historical perspective on fetishes you’re not going to come up with anything. Most people see their own fetish as taboo and not to be publicized, so I doubt you’ll see that same person write an entire novel on the subject, even under a pseudonym which is easily traceable. If anything, I think the only notes on the subject you might find are from a psychologists, anthropologist or philosophers perspective on fetishes, but their research might be tainted with the bias of those who harbor fetishes as “acting out” or some other trope that is just pure hogwash.  Sorry to say but this is a subject matter that is going to run into a lot of brick walls