Finally wore a fur jacket outside

Norwegian lynx

So for the last ten years I've owned and used several fur trimmed and lined items,  like my Nobis parka, fully rabbit fur lined Marlino coat, my Cedrico jacket with a massive fur lines and trimmed hood, and sheepskin jackets.

But today, at age 29 I wore an actual fur jacket - my second hand coyote parka - outside in broad daylight. It was cold enough to justify it, with a crisp -6C, and bright sunny weather. I even went to a shop and on public transport. It might not be much, but for me this is a real milestone that I've been looking to reach for a long time, and I promised myself that this winter would be it.

Living in Norway, you barely even see any women wearing a real fur coat (although almost everyone has a fur trimmed coat or jacket) and I've never seen a man wear one for my three decades, so you know you are going to stick out. But now that's done, there's  no going back!

• Like 3

That's wonderful.  Good for you.  We've all had those moments....it's a big personal step and you should be very pleased with yourself.  Cheers.

Awesome! Been -18 here the last few days... -30 currently with the windchill... been wearing the full length raccoon coat and hat alot lately... and tomorrow is going to +2 with snow/rain mix.. go figure.. I think after that its back to -15 again for a week.. 

On 1/21/2021 at 6:14 PM, paul2809 said:

How did it feel Norwegian lynx?

Felt awesome, and not nearly as intimidating as I thought. Been wearing it many more times now, to stores and just around the neighbourhood or garden.