fur coat hangers

paul2809

where is the best place to find some gently used fur coat hangers?? I only need 4...

online from amazon or etsy or should I find a furrier?

I would talk to a furrier. Preferably one you have done business with before. They will usually provide complimentary hangars and garment bags to paying customers. Oh and don't buy gently used hangars. While these are perfect for balancing fur coats, they can be made of a slightly brittle plastic that can succumb to stress over time. Its better to just get a brand new hanger from your local furrier.

Edited by Panther10

Those would work just fine but as a precaution I would buy like a 10 pack or so. They are made from hollow plastic and I know from personal experience that they can crack or break under the strain of some heavy furs. I know most of yours are minks and faux furs and don't weigh nearly as much as my fox coats, but still, buy a surplus just in case. It never hurts to have extras on hand in case one of these cracks.

Edited by Panther10

I bought plastic fur coat hangers on ebay. Some came from local furriers in my city, others came from furriers around the county. I like seeing the different names, as most of these furriers are no longer in business.

If you can find wide hangers like the ones used on mannequins at the store, they might work better.  That is what my furrier suggested and is what I use.  

The other option is to use a fur hanger and add padding to it like wrapping a towel to make a wider shoulder.