Fur stoles

paul2809

Are fox fur stoles/boas good to wear with any kind of clothing?

Asking for information on this..

I have a mink stole now, and would love to find a fox fur stole to add to my collection 

Fur stoles are typically relegated as being more formal and fancy than a fur coat or jacket. Typically a lady would wear them to a wedding over her evening gown, or to an honorary banquet. Now if you want to buy one for yourself and use it as a collar over an existing jacket thats fine. I'm sure a furrier would be more than happy to make something like that for you. But traditionally speaking, stoles are typically reserved for white tie/ black tie events.

"But traditionally speaking, stoles are typically reserved for white tie/ black tie events."

Though Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret seemed to find lots of times to wear their fur stoles. Then again they managed to be formal events all by themselves. 😉

qeii whitemink 04a.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000472884624-2.jpg

2 hours ago, LordTheNightKnight said:

"But traditionally speaking, stoles are typically reserved for white tie/ black tie events."

Though Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret seemed to find lots of times to wear their fur stoles. Then again they managed to be formal events all by themselves. 😉

qeii whitemink 04a.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000472884624-2.jpg

lol yeah something tells me that Queen Elizabeth II isn't the kind of lady to bother dressing up in a gown and stole to just then be like "Okay now that I'm all dressed up, lets watch SpongeBob...."

Maybe Panther is right.  A fur stole is not big enough to keep someone warn like jacket or coat.  A stole can fall off the shoulders if the wearer moves around a lot.  It is kind of designed to wear to cover the shoulders if wearing a dress or something like that.  

19 hours ago, Panther10 said:

lol yeah something tells me that Queen Elizabeth II isn't the kind of lady to bother dressing up in a gown and stole to just then be like "Okay now that I'm all dressed up, lets watch SpongeBob...."

They would wear it to film premieres, which aren't informal, but not black tie events either.

the mink stole I have... has a cut through which was made this way to allow passage from other to slide in sort to hold it together...

yes I hear what your saying, but its the way its been made and I bought it used or pre owned from a seller via ebay

Mahogany mink stole.. with cut through to allow the slide through of the other side... this is what I've thought about possibly wearing out..

IMG_2659.png

I was lucky enough to find a Russian Sable stole in a charity shop, (thrift shop for out American friends), and had it fashioned into a scarf which has been well admired it the five years I've had it.  Unbelievably warm! 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2020 at 11:50 PM, LordTheNightKnight said:

qeii whitemink 04a.jpg

You call that a stole? Now, this is a royal (Queen Margrethe of Denmark)  fur stole :) 

dronning sølvræv.jpg

dronning sølvræv ii.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 1:06 PM, paul2809 said:

Mahogany mink stole.. with cut through to allow the slide through of the other side... this is what I've thought about possibly wearing out..

IMG_2659.png

Nice looking stole. Looks very familiar.  I miss it already!

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2020 at 3:06 PM, paul2809 said:

IMG_2659.png

I remember seeing this stole on ebay. I considered buying it myself. But I already have a mahogany mink stole and a mahogany mink capelet.

FYI - A furrier can restyle a stole into a scarf or a vest, if wearing stoles isn't your thing.