Fur Lined Pants & Leggings

rabbitfur

Doea anyone here have experience with fur lined pants, shorts, or leggings? Are they comfy over time, do they get too warm, or keep you hard while you wear them?

As much as I would prefer real fur, they seem to be rare and prohibitively expensive. Maybe rabbit or muskrat would be nice and affordable.

There seem to be masses of faux- or fleece-lined leggings for sale. Does anyone have experience or preference for particular brands/styles?

I think there are several members that have done  this ... also on Google to as well..

Fleece leggings?? Ive been curious about these to as well...

I was real close to have foxpants with feets made by a furrier on FB.

But i think they get very warm and sweaty easy and it's very difficult to turn them inside out to let the fur breath when you not use them.

I'm thinking about getting mohair or angora pants with attached socks instead

• 4 weeks later...

im going to try to find some plus size womens leggings soon... if they fit me... i will most likely buy several pairs..

and they will look great with my boots and furs....

• Like 1

I have a plucked mink pant-lining to wear fur-side in under jeans. They really add the right portion of warmth in winter. Though sometimes (below -5 celsius) they are even a bit cold ! I also have a double-sided rex rabbit pant - and this is to warm to wear in most occasions. It is wonderful if you stay at a place, but once you move in it it really gets warm and hot quite fast.

1 hour ago, Zaphod_bee said:

I have a plucked mink pant-lining to wear fur-side in under jeans. They really add the right portion of warmth in winter. Though sometimes (below -5 celsius) they are even a bit cold ! I also have a double-sided rex rabbit pant - and this is to warm to wear in most occasions. It is wonderful if you stay at a place, but once you move in it it really gets warm and hot quite fast.

Can you plz post a picture of them? 

Hello, I currently have no (mink liner) or just with me inside (rex double sided) photos I do not want to be spread out in the internet.

I once had pictures of my rex rabbit suit shared privately - and now you can find them throughout the internet ... (the white rex rabbit suit with dark stripes).

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 9:31 AM, Zaphod_bee said:

Did you ordered them at a furrier or crafted it yourself? Is it tight like a leggings or rather wide? No need to post pictures ;-)

I'm currently planning to sew a mink-lined pant out of an old coat for my wife. It will be quite some work, so I want to ask for experiences first.

Hello, all of them were made at a furrier. The mink was a second hand womens jacket.

Since fur is not flexible you need to let some room in order to be able to move in them. But they are designed as narrow as possible. In principle the cut is almost like sweatpants. The Top fastens with a drawstring and the appropriate stopper (on the side). It really doesn´t add to much bulk at all - it is almost unvisible from the outside.

My rex rabbit one is doublesided and made as dungarees. They are not meant to be (and are not feasible to) be weared under something ...

Please note that unplucked mink is not very soft at all. And you need to take the direction of the hairs into account - the fur will "walk" on the skin ! You need to direct it, that it will walk down (towards the foot).

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply!

I know about the walking problem from a mink blanket. You have to put it "upside-down" (compared to a coat) on your skin.

Anyway I thought of shearing the mink to guarantee the softness.

Shearing is definitely better than pure, but you will most likely feel the guard hairs. If you are not that sensible you will be ok with that. Unfortunately I am very sensible and need to go for a softer version being plucked mink, plucked nutria or rex rabbit.

Please share your experience 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just found a pair of fleece leggings at a major box store.. thier super warm and I might consider getting more later in the future.. my first time wearing them... alot better than what I thought it would be..