Men's fur

Apple1996

Hey guys just a question for you all have just recently brought a coyote jacket from eBay am really happy cause I got it for I personally think a really good price just wondering if any guys out there can help me out of what to wear with this coat to go for a Saturday night stroll with my partner or if I shouldn't I'm not to sure if I should wear it cause it's a woman's style coat or of I should just say stuff and rock it haha any advice would be much appreciated thanks heaps guys 

Screenshot_20200824-111215_eBay.jpg

In my extremely humble opinion, it's up to YOU to pull it off by being confident and not giving a f*** what others think.  Whether you wear a tux or scruffy jeans makes no difference - no one will notice.  What they will notice is YOU! 

I agree with what the others said, but I should point out that this jacket is a ladies cut. You can tell from the slender shoulders, shortened sleeves and the tapered drape in the torso and waist. Men's furs will often feature a more triangular or boxy style where as womens coats will be more slimming.

Thanks heaps guys really appreciate it. I think I'm just gonna go for it and rock it and see how I go haha can not wait till the coat arrives so excited for it has anyone got any coyote coats are they warm what is the fur like is it rough? Or soft? 

• Like 1

coyote back is not so bad but of course not as soft and fox but it has spectacular colour. A man in fox cannot be simply overlooked

In the late 1890's to about 1920 something; a department store in NYC, USA was having a problem selling their clothing line. In order to boost sales and as a promotional gimmick they designed a clothing line in all pink; selling it as a famine color and blue (blue jeans) as a masculine color. As everyone knows because of their advertising and that clothing line: the color pink and the color blue became the defining colors for boys and girls. It still holds somewhat true even today.

My point; I have, own and wear pink shirts and pants without any hesitations. Coyote, beaver and sheepskin tend to be seen as the manly furs; so to speak. I own a lynx parka that I love; Not only the feel of the fur but the look of it as well. Lynx fur is considered a famine fur. Another male fur friend owns a full length blue fox coat dyed jet black. He loves the feel of the fur brushing against his ankles while walking outside on a cold winter day.

I do not care what other people think. If you like something that is all that counts. By all means be true to yourself. Enjoying the furs that you like and find exciting; to own as you please and wear as you like.          

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I don't think anyone even looks these days at home a coat does up.. or the style of it..

I gotta admit, 80% of the coats I own are done up the "wrong" way according to what we know...

My fav raccoon full length does up the wrong side, and my full length silver fox does is the same.. not once has anyone ever said a thing! 

People who generally say anything say they LOVE the coat and wish they had one...

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2020 at 11:08 PM, WinnipegFur said:

I don't think anyone even looks these days at home a coat does up.. or the style of it..

I gotta admit, 80% of the coats I own are done up the "wrong" way according to what we know...

My fav raccoon full length does up the wrong side, and my full length silver fox does is the same.. not once has anyone ever said a thing! 

People who generally say anything say they LOVE the coat and wish they had one...

Hi. I live in the uK . I'm a Male thru and thru. I have 5 ladies coats I wear in public, 3 wool coats and 2 beaver lamb furs. I've had some great comments from ladies and gents about the coats I'm wearing. In this day and age, I don't think many people care as to the way the coats fasten. The only one criticism I had was about the buttons on one of the ladies Jaques Vert Coats !