LiveAuctioneers.com

paul2809

how does an auction work??

Do you bid on any amount??

Is there some sort of lock in bid price??

I typed in fur coats and there is a good selection of fox furs and others that ive looked at 

Liveauctioneers.com is where I found the furs at

17 minutes ago, WolfFoxFur said:

They go live and you bid like a real life auction 

I think it lets you bid ahead of time if you are so inclined, but that will end up in higher hammer prices.

Be warned that the fur auctions I've attended through their site moved quickly... No warning on when they close bidding on a lot.

I've participated in a few fur auctions on eBay's live auction market and I've never won a single item. Prices that started at $200 can escalate to 10x-15x that amount in under 45 seconds. You really have to be really fast with your bidding otherwise you could potentially be vastly outbid, while simultaneously keeping an eye on your budget.  A real gamblers ruin live auctions can be. I always tell people if you are good at game theory and can win at Texas Hold em', you probably have the skills to compete in a live auction.

Almost all the furs I've purchased on eBay have been on the 'Buy It Now' option.  Panther is correct in saying that prices on the auction can escalate extremely quickly and this can lead to one paying more than the garment is actually worth.

A live auction is in theory not that difficult, you just set your personal limit, post it at the right time (towards the end) and stick to it. The tricky part is your mind, it is hard to stick to your limit. And I missed some auctions for which I already set myself a limit and everything (the items also sold at a reasonable price 😞).

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2020 at 1:58 PM, Panther10 said:

I've participated in a few fur auctions on eBay's live auction market and I've never won a single item. Prices that started at $200 can escalate to 10x-15x that amount in under 45 seconds. You really have to be really fast with your bidding otherwise you could potentially be vastly outbid, while simultaneously keeping an eye on your budget.  A real gamblers ruin live auctions can be. I always tell people if you are good at game theory and can win at Texas Hold em', you probably have the skills to compete in a live auction.

There is eBay bid "sniping" software that causes this to occur.  I was cheated out of a chinchilla just the other day and lost by a single dollar.  

• 2 months later...

You can use proxy bidding on Live Auctioneers, just like you would on Ebay. You bid the maximum amount that you are willing to pay for the item. Your actual bid will be the minimum amount required and will only increase if other bids come in.

But as another poster mentioned, there is usually a Buyer's Premium of around 20% - 25% added on to the final price. I have seen some beautiful fur coats sell at ridiculously low prices on Live Auctioneers.