Comparing prices for pre-owned furs

DuFc85

I like to buy and sell furs as I build, reduce and or change  my collection. I therefore like to keep an eye out for changes in the fur prices on ebay. 

It seems to me that the prices for a pre-owned fur are considerably higher in North America than Europe. Has someone else made a similar observation or am I way off? 😀

If that is the case, I wonder what might be the causes for this. In Germany you have quite a few very big ebay-stores. I haven’t noticed a similar competition on North American ebay. Itmight be as simple as that, but it would be interesting to hear other observations or explanations. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would agree with you that it's probably due to supply and demand. In Europe there may be a greater supply because possibly more new furs are bought and owned so more second hand coats end up on ebay.  

The only thing I have seen is prices have been dropping for second hand fur on ebay.de

Prices for new furs seem to be slightly lower due to the current Covid-19 situation.

There are some bigger fur traders on ebay.de from Germany. Yet some fur traders sell at quite high prices. There are also a lot of people selling of the inheritance of someone, usually at much better prices (200 - 500 €).

As always on ebay make sure that you ask the right questions in advance. In the case of a clear discrepancy between the description and the item, you can demand return.

Demand in Germany is quite limited and supply is feed from 80ies and 90ies fur, so prices are maybe lower than in the US.