The Gallery

MAINLYMINK

Is it impossible to save for myself the pictures in the gallery?  It seems that you can only save the entire webpage.  Some of them I'd like to keep for myself.

1 hour ago, MAINLYMINK said:

Is it impossible to save for myself the pictures in the gallery?  It seems that you can only save the entire webpage.  Some of them I'd like to keep for myself.

agree that it's stupid not to be able to save pictures from the gallery

I just screenshot and paste it in my paintshop

I agree this gallery should have a feature for that. You can help the admins to install that 😉

In the meantime you can help yourself with some tricks:

• Right click on the image;
  • Inspect Element [maybe named similar, depending on your browser];
  • expand the row, there should appear the link to the jpg;
  • Right click on the jpg-link and do whatever you want

Also works on Insta and other image sides.

From the gallery pages, make sure to open each image in a new tab/window. What you start out looking at is the "lightbox" view, which you can't save. Just click the X in the upper right corner to close that. Then you get to the "regular" view of the image. That box's upper right corner has buttons that can take you back to the lightbox view or the full image view. The latter is where you can save the pic normally.

The reason this can't be done on the gallery pages is that closing the lightbox view there will just take you back to the images lists.

These pics hopefully should help if you're not sure what I mean.

lightbox1.png

lightbox2.png

lightbox3.png

Edited by LordTheNightKnight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 8:44 AM, LordTheNightKnight said:

From the gallery pages, make sure to open each image in a new tab/window. What you start out looking at is the "lightbox" view, which you can't save. Just click the X in the upper right corner to close that. Then you get to the "regular" view of the image. That box's upper right corner has buttons that can take you back to the lightbox view or the full image view. The latter is where you can save the pic normally.

The reason this can't be done on the gallery pages is that closing the lightbox view there will just take you back to the images lists.

These pics hopefully should help if you're not sure what I mean.

lightbox1.png

lightbox2.png

lightbox3.png

I've been using this method ever since The Den relaunched. I thought everyone else had figured it out by now - clearly not. As for Instagram & that ilk, i had a suspicion that there was a workaround like the one LeComte mentioned but i hadn't worked it out yet, which is why i prefer to use Tumblr & Pinterest as they are more straight forward.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a Chrome extension that automatically creates a button to save IG photos and videos. 

No idea about the changes to the Gallery since the Den changed owners again.  But I'm just grateful we still have a space outside the social media algorithmic ecosystem.