Russian Women & Their Gorgeous Furs!

SimonG

There's was a BBC Television drama series a couple of years ago call 'McMafia' that featured the murky world of Russian finance.  The only discrepancy I could see was that the wealthy Russian women all wore fake fur!  

'Yeah, Right!',  I shouted at the tv screen.  

Edited by dongleboy

This thread has so much potential!

Here's the second-to-last czarina wearing a white court dress heavily trimmed with ermine.

Take away the tails (or leave them if you prefer), and imagine this as a wedding dress!

1882_maria_feodorovna_by_kr (1).jpg

czarina ermine dress 01.jpg

1 hour ago, LordTheNightKnight said:

This thread has so much potential!

Here's the second-to-last czarina wearing a white court dress heavily trimmed with ermine.

Take away the tails (or leave them if you prefer), and imagine this as a wedding dress!

You are spot on with your first sentence, however I was thinking about more modern day Russian women going back about 60 years or so. 

Talking of which, who else wants to dance with this trio?😍

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Although this lady doesn't own the Furs she is modelling, the video uploader says she is Russian so it counts kind of...

I would appreciate it if anyone who understands Russian could transcribe what she is saying as i am interested to know if she mentions how much these coats & jackets cost. If she had held up the price tags that would be a big help!