Fur coats as prizes on older game shows

MinkMinx

I recently purchased a vintage Stone Marten coat by Dicker & Dicker. While I was doing some research on it, I found out that Dicker & Dicker used to supply a lot of fur coats for game shows like Let's Make a Deal in the 60s and 70s as prizes. I started watching old clips on yotube like this one where the lady wins a full length Chinchilla fur coat at 21:20 (I'm so jealous 😢 ) I've been trying to find other clips but it's difficult since fur coats weren't given away every single time. Now that I think about it, you never see fur coats as prizes on modern game shows even though they're still considered luxury items. I'd rather win a brand new fur coat than, say, a fridge, but maybe that's just me lol. Does anyone have any other recommendations of shows that used to give away fur coats a prizes?

There's used to be a show here in the U.K. called 'The Price is Right'. It ran, iirc, in the 70's.  Fur coats were often given as prizes, modelled by attractive young women who would slink around and cuddle into the coats. Recently, there was a to show titled 'It was all right in the 70's' where people born in the 90's are shown clips of tv programmes from that era and are asked to comment through the eyes of our more 'politically correct' times!   

Predictably, they are horrified with the casual sexism of the era as well as entertainers 'blacking up'!  Of course the fact that game shows gave real fur coats as prizes is roundly condemned!  Mind you, a St. Bernard dog was also offered.  

29 minutes ago, minkme said:

They used to give away a fur coat for beauty contests. That's years ago.

Miss USA, Miss Teen USA, and Miss Universe had furs from Flemington as a prize until the mid 90s (around the time a certain person bought those pageants).

Didn't Winter Olympiads receive furs as gifts if they came in first, second or third place like 30-40 years ago?

17 hours ago, Panther10 said:

Didn't Winter Olympiads receive furs as gifts if they came in first, second or third place like 30-40 years ago?

Even i would do sports if that was the case now

I watch two old game shows for furs. Split Second offers nice ones at shows end. Also used to see some on Sale of the Century.

good luck.

I remember at one point when I was quite young seing fur coats being given out on the price is right television tv show.. vague memories of beautiful furs going to some pretty ladies...

Let's Make a Deal was my favorite fur give away show. Lots of Flemington Furs won on that show from the 70s and 80s. The Price is Right was another you can still watch also. I fast forward while watching the pop up screen to find the good parts. They are mostly found toward the end of the shows during the finales anyway. Happy viewing.