Is there a difference between Shadow fox and Arctic fox?

MinkMinx

I just recently got into fur this past January. One of my first furs was a blue SAGA fox with shadow fox trim. Actually this exact coat but in a large from a different seller. I didn't really know anything about furs back then but I thought it was pretty. Anyway, I recently bought another SAGA coat but in the reverse, so shadow fox with a blue fox tuxedo collar (I can't wait for it to get here!). So I was wondering what differences there were between shadow fox and arctic fox, since I've always heard arctic fox  described as the whitest of foxes, but the shadow fox on both of these coats seems pretty damn bright white. There was a lot of conflicting information I found on initial research with some people saying they are the same, some people saying arctic fox is longer or has thicker underfur etc.

As far as I understand, shadow fox is a white or white / gray variant of blue fox. Arctic fox is a thicker natural white (but not pure white) fur, so it is different. However I have seen many occasions where arctic fox fur was advertised which in reality must have been shadow fox fur (looking at the pictures). So if something is sold as arctic fox fur, I would advise to carefully examine the pictures unless you don't care about the fur type.