us estate fur auction may 13

rabbitfur

Fur folks,

Lots of gems in this auction, especially if you like fox.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/167389_wednesday-fur-auction/

I just won a beautiful lynx coat off this site last week, though not through this auction house. You will have to get approved ahead of time and be ready to contact a recommended shipping location to get your package to you.

These forums seem like a good place to coordinate bids, so we're not competing among fur friends 😉

Note the 22% buyers premium and unknown total shipping costs. Those will add quite a bit to the final price.

rf - do you remember how much the shipping AND handling charges were for your lynx?

I had used the auctioneer recommended UPS store - it ended up $41 for 2 day ground from New York to the midwest. It took my $200 hammer price to close to $300 with the buyers premium & shipping. Still a great price for a full length lynx I think.

For what it is worth, it looks like this auction house had another fur auction back in the fall... May give you an idea of prices and how much competition to expect. Looks like many of the lots passed.

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/150412_luxury-fur-coat-auction/

There are some misidentified furs there but what I especially noticed is that a lot of them aren't even vintage. I recognize a lot of these coats as being designs that were sold by Daria or Furs Factory Outlet. Those huge Cruella coats everyone loves so much. I noticed one of them even has the Daria tag on it still. So this means you get a virtually new fox fur coat for a fraction of what it was originally bought for. I also recognized some of those furs as ones that I used to own. I saw one silver fox coat that I sold to a gentleman in Montreal and now it's down there in Florida. I know a couple of furriers from Montreal who seem to do a lot of dealings with someone down in Florida. This might be them.

Edited by LustForFur
  • Like 1

Congrats LustForFur! Which ones?

A couple of the lots that I was interested in passed too quickly. I have been exchanging emails with the auctioneer - I am hopeful I can still land them. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...