Quarantined with furs

rabbitfur

I wish you all health and well-being through this tough time.   

As much as I'm grateful for this time, too,  my family and friends over in Italy as well as friends out of harm's way in China have expressed how serious this is.

The hardest things for me are correcting all the misinformation about this -- and not to touch my face.  With anything.   

If you're cuddled up in quarantine, please be careful -- before you have any symptoms, you can spread it while it incubates inside you for usually 2-14 days.   Viral particles can sit on surfaces (except copper, where coronavirus dies the most quickly according to research) for sometimes days.  I know this is a no-no for oxidation,  but leave your furs in direct sunlight for a few hours after use if you want to minimize the risk of repeat self-exposure.  If you contract the illness covid19 caused by the SaRS-CoV-2 virus, be prepared to throw away the furs that you came into contact with in the two weeks prior to getting sick. 

There's a great New York Magazine piece in the Intelligencer column by Jeff Wise about how it takes over our bodies.  Don't read it right before bed.

J.

Edited by Joe

Yikes that is scary. I would hate to throw my coats away. Well I'm keeping myself isolated anyway because I am a kidney transplant recipient and must remain immuno suppressed if my kidney has any hope of functioning. these are troubling times but being a natural introvert, I am not leaving the house for any reason unless I have to anyway, but being that am now at serious risk for having my ticket punched, I must stay indoors for good now. Perhaps for even as long as the mandated 18 month protocol that was listed in the Imperial this past week.

I hope and pray everyone is ok..

I work In direct contact with customers everyday in the gas station business chain.. the store in work in I see alot of customers who are not liking this issue and all the surrounding communities are on lockdown shelter in place as of right now..my town is possibly next..