Customs and Border Patrol Seizes Fur Coats Valued at $76000

Tu_che_le_vanità

It is unfortunately difficult at times to determine what the proper documentation is, or the whims of the particular inspector.  I have occasionally had some difficulty buying furs not due to any errors, but simply to the lack of knowledge of the law by the authorities tasked with enforcing it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never had this happen, but about fifteen years ago, while driving home from a winter vacation, I was detained at the US border for hours. Two large USCBP agents didn't understand why a man would be traveling with so many fur garments of his own.  Not only were they curious about the rest of my possessions,  they needed to make sure nothing was being hidden inside the linings. 

I described the entire history of where I acquired every piece, almost to the point of annoyance, and they let me go.  One of the things they said was, "so you can put on every one of these, and it will fit you?"...I decided not to even mention fur fetishes at all.   

A few days later my eBay account was compromised.  I guess they wanted to be sure.  I never crossed an international border in an automobile with more than one or two pieces ever again.  

Edited by Joe
I wanted to