Financing furs

paul2809

Looking for information/reviews

I am curious as to if anyone here has successfully financed fur coats..

Is it worth applying for those like me that are on a budget?

Or is it worth saving for a nice fur ?

I would love to own a fox fur coat or beaver fur coat in time..

I'm only asking to help me find what the best options are...

Save up your money and buy a nice used fur coat on eBay.  There are thousands to choose from, many being sold for great prices.

Save up a bit more money and buy a brand new fur coat from a manufacturing furrier in Greece.

You can check out these Greek furriers on eBay:

www.ebay.com/usr/fenzofurs

www.ebay.com/usr/gkadu

www.ebay.com/usr/furskd

www.ebay.com/usr/dmb_furs

• Like 1

I agree with the above advice from Tu_che.  I have personally built relationships with furriers that have allowed for financing over time, but there are lots of beautiful furs from Italy and Greece available that should fit most any budget. Pay Pl has the credit option as ell, but a bit of savings can go a long way.  Smile.

35 minutes ago, paul2809 said:

I've not thought about buying furs from greece.. is the coat size the same or different from American furs coming from greece?

The Greek furriers can customize a coat according to the measurements that you provide.  Just take a cloth coat that already fits you, measure the measurements, and email it to them.  Many of their listings on eBay have a Make An Offer option.

Often times a master furrier will really work with you if you are on a budget. Especially if you have a prior relationship with that furrier. I've managed to buy some wonderful custom pieces over the last three years that were pennies on the dollar compared to prices that were off the rack just from the virtue that furriers love repeat business

I'm sure that's easier for a woman than it is for a man. The first few times I went to my furrier I'd overhear the sales staff asking each other "Who the hell is this guy?" Once I made a couple purchases they warmed up to me, but at first I felt like I wasn't wanted there. I find that's how I'm generally treated when I go to a specific furrier for the first time.

42 minutes ago, LustForFur said:

I'm sure that's easier for a woman than it is for a man. The first few times I went to my furrier I'd overhear the sales staff asking each other "Who the hell is this guy?" Once I made a couple purchases they warmed up to me, but at first I felt like I wasn't wanted there. I find that's how I'm generally treated when I go to a specific furrier for the first time.

I ran into that when I first started shopping for furs a decade ago. But since then I walk into any store feeling confident and I also absolutely know what I like when it comes to furs. And most stores these days too are more acceptable of men in furs than they used to be. A lot of the stores that I walk into will often prefer to service gentlemen personally because there is usually such a large selection of women's coats, jackets and accessories that the furriers here will often give ladies a bit of a wide berth and let them browse for a bit. Whereas with most male clientele, the selection is more limited and they don't want to risk loosing that customer who couldn't find what they were looking for.

Of course, there is another way...found in this delightful story on the Fur Den Forum titled Aunt Marie:  

9 hours ago, LustForFur said:

Interesting point.  Being a woman I had never considered this before, but I of course do not doubt your experience.  I would hate having to go through that for something I need and love so much.