Fur lengths

paul2809

Ok so I'm asking for clarity as far as the different fur lengths names . 

What is the lenght name of a fur coat that goes down just below the knees?

Above the knees?

I would love more than anything to find a below knee fur coat.. 

Above the knee would be classified as a stroller. Below maybe just a coat or a swing coat if It has a large sweep. Not totally sure tho

I agree that a stroller would be at above knee or just at knee length. From below knee to calf I've seen referred to as 7/8ths before and from calf and longer is full length (although that seems open to anyone's interpretation these days if you use ebay as a guide!)

And then there is floor length. Although sale postings often confuse full length and floor length. Measurements become essential.

I would love to eventually find a below knee lenght swing fur coat for my self ... but not to long...

I am also looking into some plus size faux fur coats to that I want .....

in a few years time. I would love to own atleast a dozen plus size furs

A fur that is waist level is a 3/4 length jacket. A coat that is past the knee or falls slightly above is a stroller length coat. From the knee to the calf is a 7/8ths length coat, Calf to ankle is full length and then finally anything past the ankle is Maxi length

Edited by Panther10
  • Haha 1

On 1/24/2020 at 3:32 PM, minkme said:

I think 3/4 is like 46-48 inches? Full length 48-50 inches

It's dependant upon your height - a full length coat for me is an ankle length coat on my wife

I am 5foot 6inches tall,  roughly 245 maybe 250 in medium width not that big .. I should be able to wear a swing lenght with no problems shouldn't I.. I'd wear it over Jean's and shirt.. 

I have a feeling a swing lenght fur will be nice... It's not set in stone.. just something to look foward to.. only issue I have is finding a fox fur in plus size of 2x to 4x ..